Did I screw it up already?

Last Friday a freind had a birthday party so I got to meet some new people. One cute guy I had an eye on didn't show much interest in me until near the end of the party.

He came up to me and we were talking well and enjoying each others company. Then he asked is there someone here you like? I told him yes. He asked who. I told him its a secret with a big smile on my face.

But my freinds kept dragging me away from him. Even though I wanted to give him my number.

So one week later I found his Instagram and DMed him asking "is this sonso from Mark's party last week?"

He responded with "hey yeah it's me"

We talked back and forth like 10 times but then he left me on 'read' yesterday.
And he didn't follow me back

Did I miss my chance?

How do I get him reinterested?

03