Should I give this guy a chance or should I not even risk that he may be a player?

So, had a guy show a lot of interest. I had suspicions he was a player (although I fear this about lots of guys tbh). He was charming, tried to get physical fast etc. He told me he was a good guy but I had a bad gut feeling and I wasn't head over heels for him anyway, so didn't find it a problem to get rid of him. His buddy told me: "He really likes you. When he's in relationships, he's faithful, but when he's single, he's a player" - which is fine I guess - but his buddy isn't necessarily the most reliable source. When I turned him down he started dating another girl I know. She is a lot younger more attractive than me but he wasn't really into her (that's not me being arrogant - it was genuinely the case). This girl kept pressuring him to make their relationship official but he didn't want to. When we were at group outings he'd make a point of coming over to me to make sure I was OK, she didn't like that. Anyway, one time I heard them having an argument and she said to him: "Who was this girl that you had coffee with, is she the one who is the friend from high school?" And he said: "No, that's a different one." At that point - I just felt sorry for her (although she's a gossip and a bitch) but I just let it go. Anyway, now they've broken up (I thought they would) and he's really trying hard to win me again. I am in my late 20s and don't have the time to deal with players. He messages me often and does nice little gestures. I've heard guys say that he's a nice guy - but they're not necessarily the most reliable source. I get hurt easily and have a hard time letting things go as well. He is doing his best to get me. What to do?
Updates:
Oh God... the replies are a mixed bag and they mirror how I feel - the ones that say "give him a chance" AND the ones that say: "any doubt - don't go there".

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• do you not see the problem honestly? you are asking if you should give this guy a chance when he's flaunting a prettier girl in front of you.

0|0
    0|0
    • He wasn't flaunting her, he was doing his best to try to minimize what was going on between them. i don't blame him for dating her - I'd said no to him at that point. She was trying to broadcast what they were doing and he was trying to keep it quiet.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• No.

A guy who is nit a player is obviously not a player. So, if you have any doubts (which you do), don't bother and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like he is genuinely interested in you... I'd go on a few dates and see what you see. What's the harm?

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him a chance

0|0
    0|0
  • Drop the loser before he plays you like a fiddle

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes