I'm Christian. Would that be a turn off for most guys?

And before you ask, I'm not the crazy, Bible thumping type. I'd say I'm pretty open minded and tolerant of other people's beliefs, as long as they respect mines.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• To preface, I am an atheist.

Depends on the level of religiousness, but most likely would be for me. Christianity is the majority world religion though, so most guys would probably prefer it.

For myself, I don't like some of the things the bible teaches and I hate organized buildings of worship like churches, I view the organized aspect of religion as a way of manipulating and controlling the population to gain money and power. As a result if you are firm in believing literal translations of the bible and/or go to church every week/give money to the church then it would be a turn off for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • So to summarize I'd be willing to date a believer who was not forceful with their beliefs and didn't support the church, but just wanted to enjoy the religion. If she was okay with it I would probably try to convert her away from it since I believe it to harbor some harmful beliefs. That said if she just wanted to believe and it didn't negatively impact her beliefs then I wouldn't try to convert her.

• My best friends new wife, recently told me that, as a Jew, I'm going to hell, because I won't accept Jesus as my lord and savior. I'm no longer friends with him or her. Even if you believe that, it's something you NEVER say to someone like me. NEVER

1|1
    0|0
    • That's a pretty dick thing to say honestly

• Ya think? That's why I don't like crazy nut job Christians

• I hate how I get grouped with those people

Most Helpful Girl

• Just find another Christian.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's really hard though

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Get your priorities straight. If you're a Christian, look for another Christian or someone who's religious disposition is similar to yours.

You don't need to appease people who don't respect your beliefs.

0|1
    0|0
    • Its kinda hard since most people are athiest or agnostic these days

• Kinda hard but not impossible, but I'm not christian so I dunno how the Christian dating scene is going.
      I get what you're saying that but don't compromise who you are for the sake of others. If you want something go and look for it.

See it as a test from God. Will you stay committed to your faith or will you go astray for the sake of worldly indulgences? Who knows, maybe if your character is on point, someone you like might want to convert so whatever.

• no it wouldn't, it would if you turned out to be one who like my ex wife said flat out that she was Catholic but has no religious interest but once i was with her she showed that she had, and ignored the fact i wasn't and proceeded to try and convert me...
    I respected her beliefs all I asked was for her to do the same...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because it wouldn't work out in the long run, no matter how nice a person she is.

I wouldn't get married in a church, and wouldn't want any children raised christian either, and I wouldn't force her to change her views for me, and I'd not change mine for her.

We could be friends though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Open minded? If I'm honest I like girls that know what they're about. If your a Christian I'm down, but if your a Christian today, and thinking about being a hindu the other, go get your facts right

0|0
    0|0
    • An tbh I only like Christian girls so its may be bias?

• Trust me, I'm not like that

• You're highly remarkable for living for God at your age
    I praise you and stay close to Jesus cause he loves you
    No it's not a turn off i wish more young people placed
    their hands inside of God and walked the path he wants
    them to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy. As long as you don't force it onto him it shouldn't matter. It also depends on his own beliefs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your a turn on at least for me...🙂

0|0
    1|0
  • depends if you will still have sex lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a Christian too, so you being a Christian would be a plus.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes