I'm Christian. Would that be a turn off for most guys?

And before you ask, I'm not the crazy, Bible thumping type. I'd say I'm pretty open minded and tolerant of other people's beliefs, as long as they respect mines.

112

Most Helpful Guys

• To preface, I am an atheist.

Depends on the level of religiousness, but most likely would be for me. Christianity is the majority world religion though, so most guys would probably prefer it.

For myself, I don't like some of the things the bible teaches and I hate organized buildings of worship like churches, I view the organized aspect of religion as a way of manipulating and controlling the population to gain money and power. As a result if you are firm in believing literal translations of the bible and/or go to church every week/give money to the church then it would be a turn off for me.

• So to summarize I'd be willing to date a believer who was not forceful with their beliefs and didn't support the church, but just wanted to enjoy the religion. If she was okay with it I would probably try to convert her away from it since I believe it to harbor some harmful beliefs. That said if she just wanted to believe and it didn't negatively impact her beliefs then I wouldn't try to convert her.

• My best friends new wife, recently told me that, as a Jew, I'm going to hell, because I won't accept Jesus as my lord and savior. I'm no longer friends with him or her. Even if you believe that, it's something you NEVER say to someone like me. NEVER

• That's a pretty dick thing to say honestly

• Ya think? That's why I don't like crazy nut job Christians

• I hate how I get grouped with those people

Most Helpful Girl

• Just find another Christian.

• It's really hard though