Boyfriend's genetics. He's attractive but his mother is not?

I know I sound like the biggest asshole saying this but what is the likelihood of my future children looking like my boyfriend's mom?

He is cute but she is not so cute looking in my opinion. She is super nice but not my definition of attractive. I love my boyfriend so it's not a dealbreaker but is it likely my future children will look like his mom even if he does not look like his mom?

Updates:
I guess what I want to know is whether big noses are dominant?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you or any of your siblings look like your grandparents?

0|0
    0|0
    • I look like my uncle who also looks like my grandmother both on my mother's side.

• Show All
    • Yes and I guess that's true

• It is. Everyone has a flaw. You cannot control everything. Just make sure he is the right person for you and that he had a good heart. And that he will be a good dad.

Most Helpful Girl

• The children may have a few of her features but most children look more like their mom than their dad.
    My mother in law is not attractive at all and my husband is handsome, our child looks more like me but she has my husband's nose and cheekbones which he got from his Moma. And our daughter is a pretty child and everyone comments on what a doll she is.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• There's not really any way to know, unfortunately.

It's all determined by your dominant and recessive genes. Whichever genes he's inherited, be they dominant/recessive, will mix with yours, to produce a child.

The fact that he doesn't look like her would suggest that most of his dominant genes come from his father. That's a good start, but it's still not a guarantee. The child (ren) could end up looking like you, like him, or a combination of either one of his/your parents.

1|0
    0|0
  • You know it's possible to have a blend of features...

i. e. my mother has a stereotypical Asian flat nose, and my father the long pointy Caucasian nose. I ended up somewhere in the middle, not quite as flat and not quite as pointy. Perhaps I have a big nose and just don't know it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a certain chance. But to run a family is not so much about breeding Aryans. Why not try to de-focus a little on physical appearance? Noses: Look at Einstein's ''knob'' - it looks just right.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think it matters but noses get mixed or can be the same. Genes are ramdom
    Flip a coin. Genetics are that random

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on recessive genes. Two beautiful people can have an average looking child

0|0
    0|0
  • You're overthinking this.

2|0
    0|0
    • I know I overthink everything

• Hopefully they don’t look like you.

1|1
    0|1

What Girls Said 3

• I sincerely doubt it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Genetics are weird. Your kids could come out looking exactly like one of you, or they may look like any of your relatives.

Still, I wouldn't worry. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well damn so what if they do? Are you not gonna love them?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes