Guys, Should a girl accept a long distance guy’s invitation to meet her for the first time half way between their respective home towns?

My friend met an out of town guy online and now he wants to meet for the first time half way between their home towns. Practically all the guys she meets online ask her out for a first date in her home town and drive to take her out in her home town, regardless of the distance.

She thinks a guy should want to make a good first impression this way, but doesn’t know quite how to respond. In other words, she does not want to say “yes” and she doesn’t want to say “no.” The result is that she has not responded at all!

How should she handle this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Meeting in a third place, makes the girl awful vulnerable, with someone she has never met before. And if something went wrong with his connections, then she would be all alone, in an unfamiliar place. It's much better that he travel the full distance to where she lives. It's safer for her, which is a big issue, when just meeting someone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I drove 7 hours to meet mine. I went the whole way. He might be trying to gage how interested she is in him. Overall I think his proposal is fair. The reason I drove the whole way is because my girlfriend doesn’t drive

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but only if you want to, and ONLY in a public place... and after you both have gotten to know each other and know what they look like

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, he needs to go to her at least the first time. It can be expensive to keep doing it, but the first time he shouldn’t be a consideration

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes