Do materialistic things matter when choosing someone to date?

Like will you choose to date a girl with a iPhone 8 or iPhone X over a girl with a iPhone 6s or se because the girl with the more up to date phone has more money. Or will you choose a girl with tattoos vs a girl with no tattoos because the girl with tattoos is more creative vs the girl with no tattoos who is just plain?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They matter. However those are way too broad of generalizations. The phone could be a gift. No tats could be a religious decision as opposed to lacking creativity.

I don’t care about phones and superficial things, but i do care about financial management when considering a LTR.

I like when a girl makes no less than 35K simply because that may determine ability to have disposable income and I’m not paying for everything. In fact I’m paying for as little as possible. Not looking to be exploited and men and women are equal so they can pay their own way:

0|0
    0|0
    • So you wouldn’t think that a girl with a iPhone 6 or se doesn’t make as much money as a girl with the iPhone 8 or X? Or does that not determine if someone has money or not?

• Show All
    • 😂😂 I love the sugar mama part lol but yea I was just curious. Like it’s people that really think people choose who is better and who is better to date based off up to date iPhone or a outdated one. Who has more shoes and more expensive shoes and who has the latest Apple products Apple watches and stuff like that’s ridiculous lol. If those things actually mattered the whole world would be single lol. As long as you have a phone, smell good dress nice and your clothes fit nice and your shoes aren’t run over or ugly who cares about how much you paid and if it’s name brand or not lol.

• Well, you do have a lot of superficial people out there, and believe it or not, for them if the prospective partner has the most up to date cell phone or not is very important.

Most Helpful Girl

• If somebody won't date you because you don't have a brand new phone, that person isn't worth dating!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• If there's any bias on my part with such things, it would only be in my biased perceptions of how such things affect her character, many of which would become far less ambiguous as I got to know her (and I'm interested in getting to know all kinds of people).

I might also find a girl with some backwards outdated mobile phone more interesting than one who keeps up to date with the latest cutting-edge stuff, since it might suggest she doesn't give a shit about these things, and I might find that attractive.

I do like artsy girls who are into visual arts, and sometimes they go really eccentric with their style, but it's more the idea that they're into visual arts which I find attractive than how they present it in terms of their fashion and materialistic preferences.

0|0
    0|0
    • I remember liking my art professor in university, and she was rather young (late 20s) or so with tattoos and lots of silver jewelry, and kind of a strange look perhaps to most people. But I liked that she had a very conscious visual aesthetic in terms of how she presented herself, even if that might have looked odd to some people.

• In terms of social status I might actually prefer a girl who came from a working class background over the extreme opposite of one who was bathed in luxury, provided she came out of it very strong and mature. I remember as a child I watched some film involving Moses (even though I'm not religious) where he talked about how he find his woman with calloused hands from hardships working the fields very beautiful, and I always liked that idea over the Egyptian princess whose hands were so soft.

• Neither really matter to me much. I like tattoos but they could also look really stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc arbout money nor the ink on their skin

0|0
    0|0
    • Well... what if a chick has a nazi tattoo. I bet you’d care about her ink then right? I would, cause that’s a no go.

• Show All
    • Lmao well thats why you shoot the glock in her bootyhole so she doesn't complain about small again, a small bullet but deadly 😂

• 😂😂👍

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes