What is it like to be rejected?

I have an absurd fear of rejection in many aspects of my life - especially relationships. So, I’m curious: What is it like to tell someone you like them/ask someone out, and have them reject your advances? Specific examples of personal experiences are welcomed.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So you have never been rejected , lucky you what is that like

0|0
    0|0
    • Sadder than you would think and definitely NOT lucky. I have pretty low self-esteem and I can never work up the courage to tell anyone I like them, because I convince myself that the feelings could never be reciprocated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being rejected is nothing to be afraid of because when you have that heartache for a day or so you realize that if they want to reject you then you drop them and move on because why keep reaching for someone you can't have. But that's just me and lord only knows how many heart aches/rejections I've had.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Terrible and not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh it really sucks and it hurts sometimes especially if you know the person well and have had feelings for them for awhile

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don’t know I’ve been rejected because I never had the courage to tell any of my crushes how I feel

0|0
    0|0
  • It hurts. Like a hot coal burning in your chest

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes