My boyfriend left my house to hang with friends, should I be mad?

My boyfriend was invited to my house for lunch and basically to hang out the whole day. He had lunch with me and my family and then we hung out just us and during the day his friend invited us over for supper. We were gonna have supper as family so we agreed to stay for supper and then after he went to his friends place to hang with them. It was only guys so I didn’t go, but I also wanted to stay with my family.

Should he have stayed regardless? Is he prioritizing his friends over me? My family thinks he should’ve stayed because he was with me and was not putting me first.

I’m not sure what to think. On one hand I would’ve liked him to stay, on the other hand he had spent the whole day with me and a couple friend hours doesn’t matter.

20