I am 27, still a virgin, and new to dating?

So just as the title suggests
I am a 27 year old, who is still relatively new to dating (a 7 month long relationship is the extent of my dating experience.. she was my best friend before we started dating... so it was relatively easy to approach her about it)
and I am a virgin... Which I know is a bit of an enigma at my age...

^ I will say that my inexperience has largely been to my own social ineptness..
at times in my life I turned down crushes in fear of having to admit to my family I was dating.
My first girlfriend was in college, and it still took me until after the relationship was finished, and my family was well aware of my friendship with her.. to even admit that we dated to them.
I would say at this point in my life, its less about my ability to speak to girls, than my ability to find them?
Regardless, I don't believe it has anything to do with being "Ugly" (though I do have low self esteem, and clearly lack confidence.. but I can be objective about myself)... It has largely always been due to my own lack of social skills... self esteem... confidence.. etc.

Would you consider this a red flag? Would it be a complete turn off? Would you be able to take a man seriously if he was that inexperienced in intimacy/romance? Would you be afraid his lack of sexual experience would prevent him from being able to please you? etc etc

If you were willing to date a man that was inexperienced, how would you handle that relationship? Would you treat him any differently?

112

Most Helpful Girls

• A lot of girls, including me, would love to take a guy's virginity. Sex IS important in a lot of relationships but I wouldn't say being a virgin would stop you from getting into a relationship and having sex.

• No but because I'm a Christian I'm actually hoping for a guy who's a virgin. Although at my age I know that's pretty rare, although I guess not as rare as I thought. I like the idea of him being less experienced because it'd mean he'd be less likely to take advantage of me. Romance and intimacy are *easy* to learn even with no experience. People who say you have to date/sleep around to get it are guilty or sheeple. Trust me.

I might act a bit differently with an inexperienced guy, like, be more forward with the things I think or plans I was making, only because I'd think he'd be willing to listen or try new things. I'd also probably be more patient and slow with him because everything's new, and I'd try to make everything, even if it's just going to a fair together, special, because he's still seeing it all with new eyes. It'd be great.

Most Helpful Guy

• I too was a virgin at mid 20 and lack social skills.

My opinion is: if a nerdy geek like me can get a wife, you sure can! LOL!

What you need is to pick up social skills, including some pickup lines.

Then embolden your courage and don't fear rejections. Learn from them and mature in thoughts.

Finally don't appear desperate. Be conversational and don't talk about sex for at least 6 months or after you and her feel that you both could be marrying.

Good luck and all the best with your current date.