What are ways an older man would manipulate a younger woman?

212

Most Helpful Guys

• They're more saavy, able to punch her hot buttons, understand her emotions better than she.

Older guys are smarter, better looking, generally have more money, are better in the sack, and better know how to entertain and treat a lady. If he's any good he can spur her interest. It's called 'game'.

Why not explain your situation and ask questions specifically to that instead of being so general. You'll get WAY more out of it. I promise.

• Well I’m dating someone 30 years older than me. I love him and he feels the same. He supports my idea and education and treats me with total respect. It’s gotten to a point where I have closet and drawer space at his place and he wants me to meet his mother.

My mom thinks he’s playing me and manipulating me but she doesn’t even know him at all. She just said hi in passing once before we got official. She’s even told me that “ he doesn’t really care for you. He hasn’t come talked to me “. I don’t want to believe what my parents say.. but I was raised to believe they knew best.
      I get so anxiety ridden wondering if he’s really playing me and or manipulating me :/ it’s truly horrible

• What does that even mean?

• You're lacking in experience and wisdom - hence there's not much to draw on.
      If you connect with this guy I'll give you 5 years. That's all some relationships last anyway, so perhaps that's good enough for you.
      When his dick doesn't work anymore and you're hornier than shit, you'll look back on this and say, 'so that's what that old codger was getting at.' You'll see. :)

• Often they will be abusive/possessive/controlling, but then they will dote on her verbally (I'm only this way because I love you, I'm too passionate, etc..) or with gifts. Typically the girl will stick around because he is "so sweet most of the time" or "he loves me too much" or "I can change him" or "that's not really who he is deep inside". It's all a load of crap and the abusive man will NEVER change (the only chance of change and this rarely happens is some life altering event that causes him to reconsider his entire being).

As an aside, this sounds like pop psychology stuff but there is a pretty strong correlation between girls with abusive/abandoning fathers and those who end up in relationships with abusive/manipulative (and often older) men.

Most Helpful Girl

• gaslighting