Are your 20s too early to be married?

my partner and I are considering marriage within the next few years. We are both 20 but I came across an article saying that marrying at 20 or in your 20s is too young and it will only fail. It scares me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope it's not true... it's the best age for marriage

1|0
    0|0
    • Can’t tell if you’re sarcastic so in that case, tell me why?

• Show All
    • So agree with you on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• That depends on family stability and wealth and ability to care for oneself. It may also depend on your religion because a lot of Muslims marry at that age and some Hindus marry a couple years after their early 20s but Christians usually marry in their mid 20s to mid 30s. Culture plays a big factor in whether or not your marriage will last.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on the couple. For now, just focus on building your careers and enjoying your time together.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you guys are more traditional and believe marriage is for life and believe in putting your partner first and believe marriage is for one man and one woman and plan on having kids. Get married young, its totally fine, its more likely to last.

If you guys are more liberal minded and think you need to explore and be poly amorous and you put your goals first before your relationship (such as careers) and don't even want kids... yeah don't do it, I guarantee it will not work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i don't recommend it. In your 30s is better
    However it is possible to make it work
    Those ones are so lucky to have found each other so early in life

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so but getting married too old can be just as bad. I think around 30 is a good age for marriage if you are game. Leave it much longer than that and you may be too settled into your lifestyle for marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely too young. Never before 30

0|0
    0|0
  • Times have changed. It's a new ball game.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay I’m listening. What’s your take?

• Show All
    • 😂 haha well good thing I’m not feminist then?

• 👎 You're a female so you're a feminist by default.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes