Why isn't he making things more serious?

I just got out of a relationship 4 months ago, and have been sleeping with a new guy the last two. When I started sleeping with him I considered it a "rebound" not thinking I'd get feelings. But I really like him. We never run out of things to talk about and have so much in common. We go out for food, do things outside, we've even gone on a few hiking/camping trips. I asked him a week ago how he feels about me (over message, as he's out of the country for a few weeks), and he told me he really likes me, and feels that we connected very well and very quickly. I told him I felt the same. I thought maybe he would hint at something more serious, but the conversation ended there. It's been very fun, but I don't want to be stuck in something casual (friends w benefits thing) as I've developed feelings. He's out of the country for a few weeks, but we've been texting every single day. He has also made it clear to me he is not interested in sleeping with/seeing anyone else but me. We hang around his friends and around mine, and at parties we spend a lot of time together, sometimes drunkenly kissing and other times just acting like friends. In general he's not very affectionate in public, only when we get to bed. He seems to like the casual thing we have going. Should I withdraw until he realizes he might lose me if he doesn't act? Should I forget about him and move on? I just have this nagging feeling that he has feelings for me, but will never commit. Thoughts?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Why don't you just keep doing things like normal, and then wait for him to come back into the country? He's not going to commit to you while he's out of town. Let him come back, and then reevaluate the relationship then.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes