This is awkward to me, please advise?

So my general rule of thumb when it comes to dating girls is only date girls born in 1992(The year before I was born), 1993(The year I was born) or 1994(A year after I was born), to me this keeps me safe and far away from being called a pedophile, but I chatted up this girl (Very, very beautiful woman) and when I asked her how old she was, she told me she was 18 years old, after hearing that I said, “for an 18 year old you look very beautiful”(btw she was very receptive and said “aww thank you”), after that things to me became awkward, I mean a 25 year old guy finds a 18 year old attractive to the point where he want to date her but the gap between the two ages is very concerning, like it goes without saying that I wanna date her but having said that, I don’t wanna date someone way younger than I am and I also do not wanna be classed as a pedophile, this is a precarious situation, one which I was doing everything to avoid getting into, I am feeling a sense of unsurity and could use some advice and/or second opinions

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 3

• The choice is all on you. To be safe don't try to date her. But some people would think its fine and some won't. But if you think you'll be classed as a pedophile, its probably because most people would actually think your from wherever you live

0|0
    0|0
  • My opinion is that you don't necessarily need to be as limiting as you are with only one year older or younger. I dated someone about 5 years older when I was 22 and had a long term relationship with someone else about 5 years older that started when I was 25. I think my guideline at 25 would be something like she has to be between 22-30.

I agree with you that 18 seems pretty young if you're 25. If she's really 18, then I don't think anyone would consider you a pedophile but I would verify that she really is 18 (like checking her driver's license or something) because a lot of people lie about being 18 when they're really not.

Assuming she is 18, if you want to try it I think you could but my guess is that it won't work out in the long run because of the probably significant difference in maturity levels and maybe interests.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well once she turns 18 she’s considered an adult so you don’t have to worry about being a pedophile and sure the gap is a there but just think of the people that have bigger age gaps between them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes