Hard for me to put myself out there?

Just as the title states. I have a hard time putting myself out there, especially when it comes to women. There is not much for me to talk about, since I don't have much experiences or things that I deem "front page" worthy. In addition, I find it even more difficult due to not having much positive experiences in this field. The few times I have had dates, they just weren't the right young ladies. There was one example of this is a recent encounter with this young lady that I consider just a weird out right rejection. This young lady I would see every so often walking her dog. Whenever I would see her I would say hello, and she would respond. On other days she would actually beat me to it, and say hello to me first. One day I decided to get her name and asked her a little about her dog. Ever since that it seems like she has been avoiding me, because I have seen her very sporadically (but only three times since I asked for her name). Then on one of the occasions I did see her, it seemed like she didn't want to look in my direction. Now where I would've seen her everyday, I barely see her and it just seems like she doesn't even want to say a thing to me. I gave this story as an example of some of my encounters with women.

When I do decide to go out, I just feel like the oddball and weird inside. It seems like most people already have their groups, where they share their own inside jokes, stories, and have a history together. Whereas myself I am the new person coming in they won't really pay me much mind, and I am stuck trying to figure out what to say and not be boring (which is my normal lifestyle). So it's like a "catch-22," where if I don't socialize I won't find a girl, but when I do socialize it makes me realize even more how much of an outcast I am. I am looking for some advice on my whole conundrum

12