Did she ever intend to give me a chance?

I asked a girl I had a great friendship with if she'd like to go out, and she at first was concerned with the age difference, but said she was very attracted to me and we needed to hang out more.
We arranged a date, and when the day came, I couldn't get ahold of her
Then she said she wanted to go out then deactivated her Instagram account, and that was the only way we'd communicate.
Then she hit me up and we talked a few days, and I asked her of she still wanted to go out and she said she appreciated my interest, but was already talking to someone.
So I blocked her. I felt lead on.
  • Nope
  • Maybe
  • Yes
    Vote C

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been in the same situation before. In that situation I was the girl too. I was afraid I would lose my friendship. Also, I really liked the boy but my gut told me that he wasn’t the one for me. So I stopped talking to him without any warning. I felt bad at the time and I do now. But in my mind, stopping contact without any warning would be better than telling him how I felt about him

Most Helpful Guy

• Does it matter? When someone expresses reservations up front, the possibilities become more tentative.