What to do after a fight?

We've been dating for 2 months and 2 days ago we had our first fight. I don't really know who's fault it is, basically he cancelled our date last minute because of some outside reasons and I pretty much reacted poorly. I coldly and harshly said "It's fine, I'm not mad, I'm a little disappointed because I was really looking forward to this date since we haven't seen each other in a while. I get your reasons, but honestly, I think if you really wanted to see me you would make time and effort, like I did (I took a day off work and made reservations for us at the spa). You should've organized your schedule better, not ditch me like this last minute like I have all the time in the world. I don't know about next week, we'll see. Gotta go now, ttyl." But even tho I think he should've planned the whole thing better, I do admit that my reaction to it was lame, I should've point it out more nicely. In the end he put aside what he had to do and came to see me as planned, but he was mad at me the whole time. I apologized many times and thanked him and told him that it means the world to me that he came to see me, and at one point he said "fuck you" and then hugged me tight and kissed me for a long time. I reached out to him today and he seemed so cold and uninterested. He is definitely still mad, right? What should I do? I just want to forget the whole thing, but this is really affecting me. I am so sad and sorry about that stupid fight, I wish I could make it up to him, but I don't want to push it if he just needs some space right now. I know he likes me a lot (at least he did before this fight) but could it be he lost interest just because of one fight?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes the best way to defuse an argument is give both partners space and time to process the situation so emotions don't conflict with resolving this problem together. Misunderstandings, poor planning and/or laziness can get the best of couples sometimes and it's important to realize that it's not about who wins the argument, who was right/wrong but how well you two can manage after disagreements happen. He still loves you no doubt but is still frustrated with how much pressure you gave him when he couldn't make it to see you at the time. Give him some time to cool off but don't wait too long since that would give him too much control over the situation. Just be supportive and let him know you're available to talk when he's ready!

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems like he's pretty much just temporarily hurt and needs time to process the argument. He's obviously got a lot going on so ease up on the poor guy!