Is being too independent a turnoff?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't call it a turnoff, I think it's just a way that indirectly keeps you from finding a potential partner.

• Like I’m the type of person I don’t like to talk on the phone.

• Like I think it’s unnecessary

• I can see that. I've noticed that I have an issue with being a little too task oriented when I go out to do something. If I'm going to the grocery store I want to get in and get out as soon as I can, I get what I came there to do and I leave - I'm not there to talk to people or make chit chat, I'm not going to go check out a store near there because I don't need anything else and my budget doesn't include it, and I'm not interested in doing anything more than shopping and getting home.

I think this sort of thing indirectly causes a problem where you shut the door on opportunities to socialize, and in turn avoid potential partners because you aren't explicitly trying to do that.