Can a mental illnes diagnose?

keep u from getting a high top job?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Records of psychiatric treatment should be kept confidential if you are in the US. Therefore, they should not be available to your employer.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• only if you let it.

0|0
    0|0
    • point is... when i was a student i used to hang out with some pretty stupid people... that caused me a lot of anxiety. I then went to the doctor and she diagnosed me with depression and bpd... which is horrible cause this can ruin my job opportunities

• Yeah. Okay. It CAN, or... you could not let it stop you. Those are pretty big obstacles but I prefer obstacle courses over a track race anyday. Don't let anything determine what you can and cannot do.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the job, but in some cases, yes, it can disqualify you from it.

0|0
    0|0
    • and a criminal record?

• Depending on what it is exactly, that can disqualify you from all kinds of jobs.

• At my company, I cannot hire anyone with a criminal record, who uses drugs, or who is mentally ill.

• depends on the illnes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only for a man, because we suffer more than women do when it comes to mental ill ess

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on the job.

0|0
    0|0
  • For most jobs no

0|0
    0|0
    • ? what

• yeah if you have a mental illness they can't see that you have one unless you give them permission to look at your medical history unless it's a job that doesn't allow people with mental illness to work at unless it's like ADD or something

• Well of course.

0|0
    1|0
  • Sometimes yeah

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes