Would you date a girl who has a mental disorder? (like depression, eating disorders, etc)?

Like so I’m a girl, people say im “attractive” but I have anorexia and depression. Anorexia is an eating disorder, where you starve yourself to be thin. That means even someone 300 pounds can be anorexic. So don’t get the wrong idea and think I’m insanely thin. I am currently pretty thin-average but not super scary thin or anything. I am really kind and caring, but am emotionally unstable I guess, And the main question is, is having mental illnesses a turn off?
  • I WOULD date a girl with mental disorders
    Vote A
  • I WOULD NOT date a girl with mental disorders because I can’t deal with it
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out and find me ONE person who doesn't have a mental disorder rn.

It's like asking if I'd date a girl. The answer is yes.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's important to look beyond conditions towards acceptance or working towards improvement. My boyfriend was able to cast preconceptions aside and date me, and now we're living together and sharing a bed.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• No. No reasonable adult wants to babysit another. Fix yourself before you try to bring someone into your life. Your counselor/shrink can assist you with this.

0|0
    1|1
  • Depends on the disorder.
    For depression if depends on the severety and duration. With anorexia I have no experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the disorder. I would be concerned about having kids considering my family history includes schizophrenia.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. Can't handle a girl complaining all the time.

0|0
    1|1
  • Ill make you est so dosent matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Not knowingly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If a person is being treated for their issue, I see no reason to shun them. I have issues too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes