Is it bad to date your older brothers friend😂?

Alright so the question pretty much sums up everything. The only con is I think my brother will be mad
Another con is he’s 18 almost 19 and I’m 16. I think it’s fine but that might make my brother more denial about it.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Although I normally advise people to take a best friend or sibling's sensititivities into account in these sorts of situations, your brother can't have a veto over your decision.

That said, I would advise you not to do this unless 16 is the age of consent in your state (and I am not aware of a US state where it is).

0|0
    0|0
    • Sadly it’s not. Age of consent in California is 18😂

• Yeah, then I would definitely say pass. If it were 16, I'd say you could go for it if you felt you two were compatible.

• My sisters friend was crushing on me before and my sister got mad at me even tho I didn't do anything. So Id advice against that, it also broke the friendship the two had 🤷

Also if you're 16 and he's 19 its weird. Nothing Id ever consider tbh, Id only date girls that are 18+, everything else looks creepy to others.

0|0
    0|0
    • He’s not 19 yettt 😂 but I mean I can see your perspective on it.

• it will most likely ruin their friendship, if you can live with that go for it. Personally I wouldn't want to be the reason for a ruined friendship tho 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• No i don't think so. But you should start dating him only if you're really liking him. If you're just trying to mess around , just forget about it. That's too much unnecessary drama and you're involving your brother in your love life and giving him a chance to give a comment about it for nothing.
    But i shoukd add that The only happily married couple i ever known was my uncle and his wife. He had married his best friends sister and they've been dating for a long time before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your opinion:,))

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• It depends if you are willing to risk their friendship or not. Dating your brothers buddy and leaving with grudge can cause their relationship to go down as well.

And with him being 18 and you 16 is up to you, and or ye parents depending on the laws where you live.

Then it depends on how you see it moraly. I for one admit to see dificulties accepting those thoughts, but there is no-one but you who can say wheather it is right or wrong as long it's accepted by law and order.

0|0
    0|0
  • It will end up making your relationship with your brother worse. Whenever that guy is around he will either spend time with you making your brother feel neglected in their friendship, or he will spend time with your brother, making your relationship feel neglected.
    The only way that actually works well is if one sibling doesn't live with the other so the friend can still hang out with each of them one on one without it feeling bad for the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever you like!
    I am here to just observe you.
    And if you do this..
    You will ruin their friendship..
    That's all I can tell..
    And I don't think that guy will date you..

We men have a rule..
    Girls who are blood related to your friends and Ex of your friends are off limits..

0|0
    0|0
    • You observing me is getting weird.
      I’m friends with a good percentage of my ex’s.
      Also. He’s already mentioned he would.

• Show All
    • Changed my DP..
      NO LONGER looking at ya...
      Now it's mushrooms from my vegetable garden.. 😊😊

• How exquisite

• As long as your bro can avoid taking sides in case of arguments or a breakup.

0|1
    0|0
    • That’s a bad downfall

• Yeah, it would either ruin his relationship with you, or ruin his friendship with him, if he can't remain neutral.

• I wouldn't recommend it for too close to comfort and well the legal part... but its your choice if you want that boi lol just remember someones always gonna disprove it that boi going get in trouble if the right people catch wind of it

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. He already has my stamp of approval, since he's my friend. It's really no different from askimg your brother if he knows any guys that might be good to date.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s a good point

• Well id say just talk to your brother about it first and second make sure you know your brothers friend really well and if he's even interested but just be safe

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think family members should be dating each other

0|0
    1|1
    • We aren’t family tf

• Umn the age thing is kind of an issue. And also, either you will get fucked over or your brother will. At least I. About 80% of these Situations that is what happens

0|0
    0|0
  • I know someone who is dating his best friend's younger sister right now; they are 20 and 16. His mom keeps warning him not to end up in jail over it...

0|0
    0|0
  • From a brothers pov, that is bothersome for sure, but at least ill know that guy so it is at least better than some random dude

0|0
    0|0
  • Live for YOU, not your brother. Period. You worry too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and it strains your brother's friendship with him

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd had to be desperate as fuck to go for a 16 year old tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck that shit, it’s just an ass move in my opinion 😬

0|0
    0|0
    • My brothers dated my friend before

• Show All
    • Especially *

• Yes lol That’s horrible I’d never date one of my friends ex’s or anything

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m not trying to date my friends ex

• Show All
    • I’m also not trying to date my brothers ex. Read the title

• Read it and yea that’s bad lol your a minor you can’t date an adult. He’s 19 and I turn 19 this month and my girlfriend is in her 20’s

• Bad, bad idea

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeahh I’ve noticed quite a large percentage of people saying it is.

• so what do you think? that what matters

• NOoo, dont do it :(

0|0
    0|0
    • whyy😂

• I would be very uncomfortable if I were your brother. Also kinda gross thinking about my friend and my sister

But then again what if this is true love :(
      sooo conflicted

Tell Romeo he needs to wait 2 more years!😤 for now just be PLATONIC friends

• Romeo Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo 😭😭

• Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems fine to me if you both like each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not bad

0|0
    0|0
  • no it is not

0|0
    0|0
  • i do not have an older brother

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yes and no. Yes because if you break up, their friendship might end or it might not and if it doesn’t then things will be awkward.
    It also depends on your brothers friends intentions with you. Set up boundaries of your choice so that you feel comfortable.
    No it’s not a bad thing because you might actually become a really great couple.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hard ass decision 😂

• just make sure he isn't a creep
    lol, tell your brother to suck it up

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, very bad. It'd be so awkward for all 3 of you especially if you break up...

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s not okay if you are under18 if you are in the US

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, it depends on him.

0|0
    0|0
    • What about him

• Everyone has their personal taste. It could be vice versa. Something might be unlikable about him or me that can't be continued.

• Get him girl!

0|0
    0|0
    • Bro I’m trying lmao

Recommended myTakes