Is it bad to date your older brothers friend😂?

Alright so the question pretty much sums up everything. The only con is I think my brother will be mad
Another con is he’s 18 almost 19 and I’m 16. I think it’s fine but that might make my brother more denial about it.

725

Most Helpful Guys

• Although I normally advise people to take a best friend or sibling's sensititivities into account in these sorts of situations, your brother can't have a veto over your decision.

That said, I would advise you not to do this unless 16 is the age of consent in your state (and I am not aware of a US state where it is).

• Sadly it’s not. Age of consent in California is 18😂

• Yeah, then I would definitely say pass. If it were 16, I'd say you could go for it if you felt you two were compatible.

• My sisters friend was crushing on me before and my sister got mad at me even tho I didn't do anything. So Id advice against that, it also broke the friendship the two had 🤷

Also if you're 16 and he's 19 its weird. Nothing Id ever consider tbh, Id only date girls that are 18+, everything else looks creepy to others.

• He’s not 19 yettt 😂 but I mean I can see your perspective on it.

• it will most likely ruin their friendship, if you can live with that go for it. Personally I wouldn't want to be the reason for a ruined friendship tho 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• No i don't think so. But you should start dating him only if you're really liking him. If you're just trying to mess around , just forget about it. That's too much unnecessary drama and you're involving your brother in your love life and giving him a chance to give a comment about it for nothing.
    But i shoukd add that The only happily married couple i ever known was my uncle and his wife. He had married his best friends sister and they've been dating for a long time before marriage.

• Thanks for your opinion:,))