What does it mean to be confident?

From what I understand (not from what I’ve been told) confident means -Never Shy -Loves being social -Never having any insecurities ever -alwasys in a good mood no matter what Is this confidence? If not what is it really?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a confident person, but I have nothing in common with what you said. Confidence is when you are comfortable with who you are. You create your own happiness, have a good heart, and not be harmful to anyone or anything. Being confident is not arrogant. There is a big difference. 😊

1|3
    0|0
    • So all I have to do is be happy with my persona and girls will want to date me?

• Show All
    • I'm not negative when I talk to girls, when I talk to them I only show a positive attitude and fearlessness

• Well maybe you or your approach isn't what they aren't interested in, again not everyone will be attracted to you. Shit I don't flirt with any women but because of my personality I have them harassing me daily lol you don't have to force anything just go with the flow stuff just happens to fall into place. I don't know how else to explain it sadly

Most Helpful Guys

• Have you ever done something 100 times? Think about riding a bike. The first time you did it you were nervous and afraid to fall. You probably did fall a few times but eventually with enough experience you rode a bike well. Translate this example to any activity you have done over and over again at which point you would consider yourself to be a master of that activity, you can do it in your sleep. At that point when you get on a bike to 'feel confident'.

As it relates to your question, people who are actually confident are those who have experience and have 'fallen off their bike a lot'. They have been hurt in the past and hurt others (purposefully or accidently). They are strong when the wind blows because they have felt heavier wind. So a confident person is someone who faces a challenge head on and doesn't shy away from it. That challenge may be meeting strangers or it may be reacting to another person's insecurities. If they can stay cool and collected because as a confident person they like themselves, then they can handle any situation with class and character.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want a challenge, other guys in college get girlfriends without having to try, I want a girl to like me the same way

• Show All
    • Can't someone on here tell me exactly how from beginning to end to get a gf?

• Not like that, that question does not project confidence. Good luck buddy.

• You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Lol.

Even the most confident person is occasionally going to have some insecurities - they just don't let those insecurities stop them from pursuing their goals. They accept that they may experience some discomfort, but they get things done anyway and don't complain or focus on the pain - but, rather, the goal.

Every successful person has a string of failures in their past - but they use those failures as lessons and they try not to repeat their mistakes. And if they fall, they get back up and keep going. That's what success is - it is NOT "someone for whom everything just works out." That's a fantasy.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Nope, I consider myself confident and I’m none of those things. I’m comfortable with myself and I don’t give a damn what anyone else thinks. That’s where my confidence comes from.

0|1
    0|0
    • Pretty much the perfect answer to own your own identity

• Show All
    • Simple luck u ain't found a girl that likes u yet

• @boggboss How come though? I've talked to so many from 9th grade to my second year in college

• In my opinion, confident person is someone who knows what their positive and negative sides are, isn’t afraid to show and speak about them, and never compares with other people

0|1
    0|0
  • I grew up being very insecure. Learning to accept yourself no matter what anyone else thinks or feel about you is not meant to be easy. Confidence in my opinion is being able to look at yourself and appreciate what you have without comparing it to what other people have/or don't have. We all compare ourselves to one another to some extent, we can't help it. So, really the task is that in the end of the day we're satisfied with what we have despite what anyone else feels/thinks about it.

Instead of focusing on other guys getting more female attention than you, use that energy to focus on something you're passionate about.

0|1
    0|0
  • To be sure of ur self and not worry about what other people think of u😋

0|0
    0|0
  • Undeterred. Assured you will succeed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never back down

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 25

• Confidence is when you can do or say what you know needs to be said.

In dating this translates to "I like that girl, I will go up and talk to her", "This girl likes me, I'll ask for her number.", "I like that girl, I will call her.", etc...

Lack of confidence looks like "I like that girl, but she might not like me, I'll just stand here and stare at her a while longer", "This girl likes me, but she probably doesn't want to date me so I won't ask for her number", "I know she gave me her number, but she was probably just being nice. I won't bother her and risk rejection by calling her."

When you lack confidence you lack the conviction to take the next step, to move forward.

Being confident is also about accepting rejection without taking it personally. Recognizing that it's OK if someone doesn't want to be around you and handling that gracefully. If you get angry with someone for rejecting you, you were looking for them to validate you. You didn't believe yourself.

Confidence isn't about never having insecurities, it's about not letting those insecurities run your life. Accept that we all have insecurities, but you are going to do the right thing anyway.

0|0
    0|0
    • So what do I say to myself if I've been getting rejected by every girl I talk to for 6 years straight? without being negative

• Show All
    • That middle comment you put is what I mean like guys just go for it and end up dating someone but every single woman I talk to says no to me while every one else gets to date someone in between all the no's they get, why is that

• Well, I don't know anything about you other than that you think you lack confidence, so I would say it's one of two things.

1. You come across as creepy because of your lack of confidence. This makes the women you approach uncomfortable and they don't want to hang out with you.

2. You are picking out only the hottest girls that are a little out of your league right now.

Set your sights a little lower. Go get a girlfriend that you don't find particularly attractive. Unless you are a complete pariah there are women around that will date you. Just because you date her for a while doesn't mean you have to stay with her forever.

• Believing in yourself, your skills and abikities, and not giving a shit what others think of you. In healthy amounts, of course, if you believed you can run faster than Usain Bolt, and walked on the street in your underwear, you would not be confident, you'd be a fucking retard.

0|0
    0|0
  • That what people see, it's more than that, it's knowledge, self respect and being truthful for your self. Many called me arrogant but they have no idea what confident means.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me confidence is " having faith in myself with a never give up attitude in any situation and Accepting what I'm, over the opinions of others. ".
    No one is perfect everyone has their own set of weakness and insecurities, but confidence is somewhat how you deal with others and in a situation while knowing them. See world is full of people that will make you feel like a looser say things about you no matter how good or bad you are, they just will talk about you, but it's entirely up to you if you pay attention to them and feel timid or Stay up do what you feel is right while giving no attention to their bullshit. If one would care him/herself what people say about him/her they kinda are doing the world's job themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have a workaround thought for that.
    realize everyone will die including you, and everyone is human.

just do your best, always and everytime, and that should be enough, stop stressing 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • My opinion on abortion is a double edged sword... I like the idea of killing babies but I don't like the idea of giving women the chance to make decisions...

0|0
    0|0
  • Confidence comes in many forms. I like to use "self-confidence" because confidence can only be present at let's say juggling for some people, but I digress. Confidence is when you have a set goal that you're on your way to achieve and other people can't make you shy away from it. Confident people don't have to be happy, social, nice or have similar attributes. It's about you being sure about something, and the best kind of confidence is self confidence. Being completely in touch with your body. When you trust your body fully, that's when you have "self-confidence" or how we usually call it, confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's different kinds of confidence, but the most common is the thought that you can do anything and will do what it takes to accomplish something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh for me confidence is comfortability in self, self assurance in my abilities, knowing I'm a winner. I just happen to not be shy, I love being social

0|0
    0|0
    • I love being social too thats one of the main ingredients to win a girl's interest isn't it? I literally have no inch of anti social energy on me, Im always comfortable around people and I can talk to anybody, when I go to the cafe in between classes on campus and none of my friends are there, I go to a random person or group of people and become friends with them

• being comfortable in your own skin and what you can do, not any of the bullshit in the description or what other people will say

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that you don't feel these things, it's that you swallow them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No confidence is the thought that you can accomplish something.

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't have to love being social as long as it doesn't stress one out. Its more about how you handle your insecurities. Having no insecurities would be narscissism. But ofc the fewer you have the more confident you are, a narcissist is per definition confident... I think good mood is rather the result of confidence than one of its constituents allthough most people have learned those two to be in a feedback loop and hence think theyre both the result and constituents of eachother. Because people can be confident but still in a bad mood good mood isn't always even the result. Never shy applies

0|0
    0|0
  • The ability to make yourself appear worthy in front of others.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think being confident means accepting and not regretting, as simple as that

0|0
    0|0
  • Confidence is a lack of insecurity, it's being sure of yourself in any action or speech.

0|0
    0|0
  • To meet your obligstions adversity or responsibilities on time and in the rightful manner

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody doesn't have insecurities, confidence is a made up thing for shallow people. Is it you who judges your confidence or other people?
    When you think "oh jeez I'm so ugly" then your other part says no you're not, that's not confidence that's just a defense mechanism.
    To me confidence is what you show people, even if you're dying inside just go ahead and do that thing you must do.
    I have a friend who seems very confident always wears really nice clothes, snacks his lips (which irritates me).
    But I've known him for 10 years now, he's dumb af lol

0|0
    0|0
  • not giving a shit

0|0
    0|0
  • Its mean to hav big panus

0|0
    0|0
  • Confidence is doing it anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to define, it's hard too be

0|0
    0|0
  • its a good thing

0|0
    0|0
  • You forgot the "be attractive" requirement

0|0
    0|0
    • Isn't being confident attractive to women?

• no when women say confident
    they mean be hot and attractive

sorry
    it only works for some of the population not all

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes