What does it mean to be confident?

From what I understand (not from what I’ve been told) confident means -Never Shy -Loves being social -Never having any insecurities ever -alwasys in a good mood no matter what Is this confidence? If not what is it really?

727

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a confident person, but I have nothing in common with what you said. Confidence is when you are comfortable with who you are. You create your own happiness, have a good heart, and not be harmful to anyone or anything. Being confident is not arrogant. There is a big difference. 😊

• So all I have to do is be happy with my persona and girls will want to date me?

• I'm not negative when I talk to girls, when I talk to them I only show a positive attitude and fearlessness

• Well maybe you or your approach isn't what they aren't interested in, again not everyone will be attracted to you. Shit I don't flirt with any women but because of my personality I have them harassing me daily lol you don't have to force anything just go with the flow stuff just happens to fall into place. I don't know how else to explain it sadly

Most Helpful Guys

• Have you ever done something 100 times? Think about riding a bike. The first time you did it you were nervous and afraid to fall. You probably did fall a few times but eventually with enough experience you rode a bike well. Translate this example to any activity you have done over and over again at which point you would consider yourself to be a master of that activity, you can do it in your sleep. At that point when you get on a bike to 'feel confident'.

As it relates to your question, people who are actually confident are those who have experience and have 'fallen off their bike a lot'. They have been hurt in the past and hurt others (purposefully or accidently). They are strong when the wind blows because they have felt heavier wind. So a confident person is someone who faces a challenge head on and doesn't shy away from it. That challenge may be meeting strangers or it may be reacting to another person's insecurities. If they can stay cool and collected because as a confident person they like themselves, then they can handle any situation with class and character.

• I don't want a challenge, other guys in college get girlfriends without having to try, I want a girl to like me the same way

• Can't someone on here tell me exactly how from beginning to end to get a gf?

• Not like that, that question does not project confidence. Good luck buddy.

• You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Lol.

Even the most confident person is occasionally going to have some insecurities - they just don't let those insecurities stop them from pursuing their goals. They accept that they may experience some discomfort, but they get things done anyway and don't complain or focus on the pain - but, rather, the goal.

Every successful person has a string of failures in their past - but they use those failures as lessons and they try not to repeat their mistakes. And if they fall, they get back up and keep going. That's what success is - it is NOT "someone for whom everything just works out." That's a fantasy.