How to know if a handsome guy has a serious interest in you or is just a player/troll?

That has always been a worry of mine (and probably some other girls' too). I just can't take it seriously, trust the guy, that he has taken a genuine interest in me. I've always been self-conscious but even if that wouldn't play a role in this, I think it's impossible for handsome fellas to not be players or if somehow magically they weren't, how could they show a genuine interest in me when I'm rather awkward, different and mentally shaken.

How to know that these guys actually mean the things they they say? I just can't trust people, especially guys (sorry guys). :/

I'm pretty much without experience in this.

21