Would you talk to a person on a dating site with poor grammar?

Or am I being too harsh? I don't care for slang and it's hard when people don't use punctuation. So how important is dating app grammar etiquette? Just curious, or am I being a jerk?
Thanks all. I met a man on a dating sight, we've been texting a little now and again. Since we've been chatting via text, his grammar is different than his profile. When we first started messaging, I didn't understand a word, but now it's more clear. I've never mentioned to him about it, because I didn't want to insult him and I like him. So, we both are good, lol.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think grammar is and spelling play a role in determining if a partner is right for us. How someone dresses, talks, carries themselves, even represents themselves on their social media can tell you about what they value and if those values align with your own.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're being unreasonable at all, I also don't think a person talks the way they text in some situations.
    I would talk with someone who in my opinion had poor grammar, I doubt if I'd be interested in a guy like that, it's not a dating site but take a look at GAG and see how many questions & answers use proper grammar, many times you need to read between the lines then form your own conclusion, what drives me crazy is when someone doesn't know when to use singular & plural.