Girls, Approaching girls as an inexperience 27 year old?

I had posted a question about being 27, and inexperienced in dating/intimacy (please check it out so you can better understand this question)

I was hoping some girls on here could give me some advice on how I could approach women?
how I can be honest with my own shortcomings... how I can become more socially capable? etc

Basically... any sort of dating advice you can give to someone in my unique position.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are ready to start dating later in life, it can be easy to feel like you are the only one, but you are not. So do not stress about it. But there are a few things you should be aware if you start dating later. Just because you have not dated, does not mean you don't know how to negotiate a relationship with another person. You may have had much experience actually being in relationships with friends and family members. All you need to know is that the same rules apply. Be yourself, try to make good conversations, treat other people the same way you would like to be treated yourself - if you follow those rules you will be a great date! In our thirties, people take dating more seriously — which can be a good and bad thing, because people try to avoid game playing and wasting each other's time but this desire can work against us if the pressure to settle down causes us to try to force a relationship that is not meant to be or stay in a mediocre relationship just because we think ‘it is time’ to get married. Make sure that you actually want to be with the person you are dating, rather than just wanting to be in a relationship. It is always worth holding out for what you actually want and deserve. In their 20s, women have idea of exactly when things are going to happen and fall into place in terms of relationships, marriages, kids. They date and get involved with people that might not be genuine long-term material. But in their 30s, they are calmer about when things happen, realizing not many things happen when and how we want and plan them to. Try to embrace that calm and let go of how you thought things should look. As long as you're honest with them at some point in the early days, you don't have to lay it out there on the first couple of dates. Make sure to be honest. While it may be tricky telling someone you just met that you are only into [sex right now], the best way to open the conversation is to just tell them. Beating around the proverbial bush only prolongs the inevitable talk... honesty and integrity is just as important in any relationship, even a casual one. You deserve to have as much fun as you like. If you are feeling unsure, do not hesitate to ask for friends advice. Whether you have not done it all and want to start— or you are in the early stages of your first relationship and feeling a little lost— talk to them, do not shy away from sex talk. Dating will have its ups and down, but it should be fun.

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes time to be able to confidently approach women if you're trying to get used to doing it as an adult. Practice helps, but I think you would be best advised to start in an environment which is comfortable to you, one where you have something in common with the girls. This will tamp down nervousness on your part, make you more interesting to them, and make it easier for you to hold a convo. Worst environments would be bars and clubs where you would have lots of direct competition that you'd have a hard time measuring up against, given the importance of being confident in such settings.