Guys, how would you feel if you were offered a way out of a relationship with no hurt feelings?

I am going threw a few health issues at the moment. I won’t be able to have kids and the hormone meds I’m on has made me well hormonal and emotional and yes crazy. Don’t want him to feel trapped bc of my health. Don’t want him to feel as if he has to stay. I don’t want to loose him but I can tell my health issues bother him. Am i wrong to offer him this? How would you feel is this was your relationship? He hates to see me sad and he knows I’m broken hearted. Can see he is not happy but he will never do anything to hurt me. Please any advice or opinion is welcome

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I beleave the best option is to sit down with him and have a serious talk. Tell him exaktly what you just said, tell him that you are hyrting to see him feel the. Way he does, and if you come to it, tell him that it is okay to leave. Ask him what he whants, and if you truly whant him to feel happy, make him tell the truth so what his descicion is truly valid.

However, if he truly loves you he may be able to handle it. So talk to him.

1|1
    0|0
    • Will try to talk to him. He trying his best to not have a serious conversation. Thank you for your advice

• Show All
    • yes I am the one is thought of the breakup. We may stay together or we may not. Want it to end on a happy note if it does end. Just don’t want him to feel obligated to stay. Health aside no matter what we will always be on good terms.

• Then I wish you the very best of luck. I do not beleave I can bring you much more. I apologize

• Are you sure he really wants out? I mean I’d be upset too if my significant other had health issues. When you say it bothers him and that he is unhappy about it… I mean duh… of course it doesn’t make him happy. Are you misreading his unhappiness with your health problems as his unhappiness with you?

That said, you are not wrong to offer him a way out. It’s a very selfless sentiment and you’ve got a big heart to offer that. It’s that “if you love someone, set them free” thing.

If I was him and you told me that, I’d love you all the more for it. In fact, I’d stop you from finishing your sentence as soon as I realized what you had in mind. My love is not conditional based on the health of my partner. I very much doubt that his is, either.

I wish you better health and the best of luck in love! :)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I would rather stick by and support through the difficult time, then discuss what to do after you are better... after all not your fault you're not well, and anyone worth their salt would stand by someone they care for...

I know why you offered him a way out, and respect it, I have made a similar suggestion to my recent ex a while back... all cos i got scared that she would be lumbered with looking after me...
    but if he loves you he will want to stand by you regardless...

1|1
    0|0
  • Being totally honest my heart would melt if someone ever loved me enough to let me go and protect me from upset, but I'd find it too hard to leave them on their own to deal with it, if he decides to stay by you, you can still protect him if he's able to understand that some days you'll need to be alone to deal with things yourself 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Think of it in the reverse, he was sick and said this to you. That's how he'll feel. And if he cares about you, he's not going to leave. Relationships are about good AND BAD times. You are feeling sad and guilty that's all this is about. It's understandable, but no guy is just going to leave (just as you wouldn't). And if so, he never cared much about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I respect you a hell of a lot for doing that. I'd be really sad if I loved you, but it would be a challenging dilemma. Personally, I'd stay if you weren't an abusive person.

0|1
    0|0
  • How about getting the girl back in my life that blocked me on her for been a daft arse never mind getting out of a relationship l would love to have this girl back l miss her so much?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dr Peter Brigin youtube explains what medication madness is very informitive watch & listen

0|0
    0|1
  • Don't force him to leave you. If he loves you he will stay. Let him to choose

0|0
    0|0
  • TAKE IT!

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was me, I would do whatever it took to make sure you're ok. I would support my girl in any way she needed. I wouldn't take the offer, instead I'd offer her my hand.

1|0
    0|0
    • He does take care of me and is there. But I can see he is unhappy. I love him and want him to be happy even if it’s not with me. Not sure what to do

• He's not unhappy, don't think that way

• Wish I could.

Recommended myTakes