Why did he do it? Will he do it again?

My other half had an awful childhood. Very abusive. It's no excuse I'm just giving background info here! Due to that he has no confidence, self esteem and he's quite angry all the time (internally it's never aimed at me)

We are engaged, have a 6 month old baby, have been together over 5 years. I've just discovered that he's been texting a girl he works with. He sent her a photo of his area. He said he wanted her.

I asked him he's been absolutely devastated. Said it was only harmless flirting and was just a bit of an ego boost. Said he'll never do it again. Deleted her off his phone and Facebook. He said he never intended to actually do anything with her. I don't understand why you'd say that though if you weren't contemplating it.

She says he went to her house, which he admits to doing, and tried to fuck her, which he absolutely says isn't true and he seemed quite confused and angry as to why she would tell me that.

She's not right I can tell that, she messaged me and I didn't get angry with her and it seems because I didn't she went after me - really attacked how I am as a fiance and told me I'm no oil painting! I feel like she wants drama and for him to get in a lot of trouble so she's half telling me the truth and popping lies in there to make it seem like he's lying.
But maybe I'm just trying to justify his actions.

I dont know what to do. I have a house, baby and have paid for my wedding next April. Will he do this again? He said we can go to counseling. That he will do anything to fix it. That he's so sorry.

10