Does he really have a right to be mad at me?

We started dating two months ago and only went on 3 dates so far because we are long distance (60 miles). Another reason why we couldn't see each other more is because he had exams and had to study, then prolonged it after failing them. I also had one busy week being on a bussines trip. But we somehow cleared our schedules and made a plan to see each other this week (already agreed on date, time and activity). Then the night before our date, he cancelled. He said that he is very frustrated about the upcoming exams in a week and that he didn't study as much as he should've and that coming to see me will take a whole day out of him. So he suggested to postopene dates until all exams are finished, which should in a week IF he passes them. And, well, I got angry for cancelling like that last minute, told him that I don't know about next week and that if he really wanted to see me he would make it happen. Then half an hour later he called me and said that I was right and that he will come. And he did ccome the next day, but he was mad at me all time and even now two days later he is still mad. He said he's mad because of my reaction, that I should've been more supportive and understanding. I apologized and explained that I reacted that way only because I care and I miss him and felt like he doesn't feel the same. And the fact that all my plans and reservations would go to waste. But I thanked him for coming anyway and was very affectionate towards him to show how much it means to me that he came. He is still giving me cold shoulder and is distant, and I don't know what to do? Is this really all my fault? If yes, how do I fix it?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think this is your fault at all. Maybe there is some miscommunication? If you thanked him and were affectionate, you did all you could. I'd personally be so happy if a girl apologized like that. Keep your head high!

0|0
    0|0
  • If u come off aggressive like u did yes he has a right to be mad u in theory told him his stress is a excuse to not seeing u

0|0
    0|0
  • Well both of you are at fault. First, you getting mad at him because he wanted extra time to study is silly. If he fails he's gonna blame you or there will a problem in the relationship. Second, his fault because when he told he couldn't come he could have sold it better (like saying "I'm sorry babe, I'll make it up to you" something like that). Then, him reacting to what you said and deciding to sacrifice study time was dumb. He should have been smarter and get through the test and then later maybe get you flowers with an apology. Basically both of you need to talk and make it clear its both your faults. Say sorry, make up and move on. He's studying so he can provide well for you in the future. You wanted to meet him because you miss him or needed to see him about something.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes