My ex is recycling all of our things with new girlfriend, just as if she was an impostor... I find it very disturbing and don’t understand why?

I had to move. We broke up because he didn’t want to do long distance but it was an hard and long break up as he didn’t want to do that and was very indecisive. In the end I was too hurt that he was having so many doubts and I did the final step and closed things. We were deeply in love with each other.

A week later he started going out with a friend of his, who is a bad copy of me: same interests, same type of personality, same job, same insane love for cats, same taste in music and food. It was quite a blow for me to see he had replaced me for her, the only consolation being that she is extremely bad looking. But for the rest she is scaringly similar to me.

Not only, but I saw on Facebook posts etc that he uses he same jokes we created, our nicknames etc with her. They have been on holiday in the same place we used to, and it’s not a touristic one or a popular destination, it’s a place we used to go because we had wonderful memories linked to our relationship there... they have been to the house next to the one we used to rent...

It was a hard break up for me, I still deeply love him. But looking at this, I feel like an impostor stole my life, it’s excruciating... why is he doing this?

010

Most Helpful Guys

• harsh reality... he lost interest in you but it does not mean he lost interst in your type and why would he suddenly not like all the things he liked to do before but with a different person. its sad you feel the way you do and i do understand it must be hard but you need to just move on and forget about it.

• Yeah but going to our place on holiday with someone else is a bit too much isn’t it? There’s nothing there but our memories

• well he must see it as a place he liked with or without you

• Sounds kind of like she was a sidechick elevated to girlfriend; I mean to have all of that relationship banter and the like setup and established so quickly does seem a bit suspicious. Think about it; he clearly wasn't as "deeply in love" with you as you were with him as a long distance relationship wouldn't have been a breakup worthy scenario for him, she was a friend of his that obviously would have known about you and if she was the sidechick she would have tried to emulate you as best as she could to help in keeping him interested in her and she stepped in almost immediately to fill the void as if it was planned out. Seems a bit weird right?

• Yeah I think your analysis is close to what I think of it. But what I don’t understand is his behavior: how can he think it’s ok to reuse our things? Isn’t he coscient when he does that? Because if he is that’s completely psycho

• It is possible that he simply just remembered that it was a nice place, from you guys spending good times there, and he knew his new girlfriend would like it there.
      Don't get me wrong, I don't know the guy but as a guy I can pretty much guarantee that he was thinking purely with his dick not trying to piss you off by emulating your time together.

• Well if that’s so, I’m gonna each out to the girl and let her know it’s all recycled. I care about nothing anymore anyways