How did black women who date white men put aside their hesitance and fear to give them a chance?

For the black women who are or have dated white guys, how did you push your fear or hesitance aside to give them a chance? Weren't you nervous going into it?

This applies to any non-white women as well!

I geared it mainly towards black women because white men avoid us the most and see us in the most negative light.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I didn't really feel that much fear I was just uninterested because I had my heart set on a black man. He said hi and I said fuck off, he kept bothering me and I told him I was not interested, then he left his number in my inbox on MySpace. I started to have a lot of problems and I had no friends, so I called him to talk, he listened to me and then we met and I fell for him, I was nineteen.

My second relationship with another white man was when he messaged me telling me all about himself, and seemed to be a good listener. I met him after two years of communicating online, then when we finally met, I made him wait for sex and he didn't get upset, then we fell in love after ten days and it had been my longest most successful relationship.

Both white men were the most serious and mature relationships I had, and the only men I ever really loved. So I'd say, the reason I gave them a chance was because they were the heroes I needed and bitches dig that shit, I guess.