Guys, Do you like hearing this phrase from a woman you like?

Say she says or texts you “I feel safe around you” or “you’re so manly and protective of me. It’s hot” or “you make me feel safe”

or would you much rather her tell you “I admire the person you are”

what are you thinking when you hear those?

10

Most Helpful Guys

• If its from my SO than I'd like it. But I'd find it weird if it was from someone I barely knew or if she said it over the phone or with a text message (I can't protect you from another location). Tell me that when we're hugging or cuddling. It would make me feel more macho than Randy Savage.

• That’s a really good point. Yea I can see how over text message it seems weird

• Now I wish I put an "OH YEAH" after Randy Savage.

• Any of the first three would be a lovely compliment as long as I thought it was genuine.

The last one isn’t specific, which makes it seem like a generic platitude and not as genuine. It would be much better to tell him *why* you admire him. Is it his compassion? His ability to write C++ programs? His choice of breakfast cereal?

In short, if you say “I admire the person you are”, you’ll just leave him wondering… why?

• That’s a really good point. I wasn’t a fan of “I admire the person you are”. The first 3 are definitely genuine. He got me through a period where I was having issues with my dad and he encouraged me to block him bc I didn’t deserve to be treated like that, he also tried to get my ex fired when I showed up one day with bruises on me and he listened to me and checked up on me constantly and pretty much helped me with anything I needed, without ever expecting anything in return. I never had to ask him for help. He just took charge. I want to express what that meant to me but I can’t seem to put into words

• Ok yea he might downplay it for sure but I do want him to be touched. He thinks very low of himself and I want to lift him up and know he matters to someone

• It sounds like you two are a good match… taking care of each other.