Restore my faith in humanity... Is there anyone out there who doesn’t just date for looks and sex? Or anyone normal at least? lmao?

Not saying everyone is like this but I’m just done with how many assholes there are in this world, so I wanna see how many non-assholes there are :)

523

Most Helpful Guys

• The first girl I dated I wasn't attracted to physically but I loved her personality.

I'm still a virgin even though I have a high sex drive because I firmly believe that men shouldn't have double standards about sex. It's stereotypical to think women who've been with several men are somewhat used but some men brag about their body count.

If it's slutty for girls, it's slutty for guys too.

This policy might seem dumb but I don't want to end up in a situation where the girl I marry tells me that she saved it all for me but I gave it up to some girl I can't even remember very well.

So while my primary filter when looking for dates is physical attraction and looks, I don't date for sex. And I keep an open door for someone who matches my personality and beliefs well. It's only my primary filter because you can't use it as a secondary filter. What are your supposed to do, use personality as a primary filter and physical attraction as a secondary filter later? So you connect on some emotional level with several different girls and then choose based off physical attraction once you've narrowed the field for personality? That's sick. That's no different than leading on the girls after they feel they have a connection with u and then savagely cutting off ties. Hence, unless attraction doesn't matter at all, it should be placed as the first filter since that's the only place it can meaningfully function.

Of course we all wish to just magically stumble on 'the one' who matches everything we wanted and even the things we didn't know we wanted, thus rendering the need to apply filters to find a partner null..

But that's unlikely and unreasonable to believe.

• There is nothing wrong to date for looks and sex. This is because looks is the "first impression" while sex is a natural need.

Perhaps you should broaden your scope to accept these and then exercise wisdom to see if those guys simply want sex and look, or are truly seeking love and companionship, but includes sex and look in their search of a lifepartner.

So as an example two guys. Both go for looks and sex. But one is a Player who like bee, fly from flower to flower to flower. And the other have the same desire, but in sincere when the right person comes by, marries her and remain faithful to her as the only sex partner.

Yes. Have faith. Great guys still exist and they also start with looks and desire sex in the end.

• That’s a fair argument, thanks for that information

• Welcome.

Perhaps today, the prevalence of promiscuouity had blurred the line between sex and love.

But just 50 years ago, when man and woman married as virgins, the purpose of dating and relationship, while on the outset is to look for a life's partner, is more accurately looking for a sex partner.

This is why the Law and Church still hold to the need for newlyweds to "consummate" their marriage or otherwise the marriage could be annulled.

So sex is so important that it is the essence of marriage.

Hence widen your thoughts and be wise. Look for Keepers and watch out for Players.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I don't understand is how there can be more horse's asses in this world than there are horses? Come on Dawson, you know a person's looks are the first thing that draws a look. Then it is sex. You usually will go by that but every once in awhile you will know someone from work or elsewhere that you have come to see what a great personality they have. And frankly, in my opinion, a great personality will outweigh looks any day of the week.

• That’s not the point, what I’m saying is why is it the ONLY thing some people are after? And I’m not interested in sex anyways I was just wondering why most people are ONLY after that one thing. Why not be in an actual relationship instead?

• Believe me, no one is going to use me for sexual purposes. I'm like Judge Judy, I'm too smart for that. All you got to do is get screwed over one time and you will be like, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me for being fooled again. :)

• Life is full of surprises but I admire your confidence for that lol