Guys, how do you personally meet girls?

Im a 20 year old whos out of touch with reality man. i failed highschool the first time around so I had to stay back to finsh my diploma, never went to University and only ever had shitty jobs where i dont interact with people my own age. I moved to a new city and know no one. my old friends dont talk to me and haven't made a new one since i was 14. and im alone so I fairly ignorant to what having a social life is like at my age.

So how do you guys meet girls? like actually? I read shit online about picking up strangers and all the PUA crap but I dont believe that this is the case for most guys. I bet you if I asked most guys my age how they meet girlfriends or just get laid, they wouldn't tell me they cold approach 1000 girls a week and pretend to be "alpha".
also if you're a girl, how do you meet your boyfriends?

Im a lost boy and need some clarification on how reality works. and if you are in the same boat as me, dont comment, this isn't a pity party.

01