Am I shallow for not wanting to date any guys under 5'10?

Okay so I am a 5'5 Japanese girl which society considered as average height in the West. I live in the UK and for some reasons, many short guys asked me out and I don't know how to tell them that I am not attracted to short guys. I just find them to be repulsive and I like tall guys. The worst part was one guy who is the same exact height as me asked me out and I didn't know how to react.

1151

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it's not shallow, everyone has their preferences, and everyone is entitled to them. It would be like if I was shallow for not wanting to date fat women or if I am just not attracted to black or Asian girls, it is just a preference and is something that you don't have any control over

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol at some of the bitter responses. As if guys dont turn down or ignore girls for not meeting their physical requirements.
    Dont turn down the guys rudely or make it about their height, just kind of roll out of it and make it nice and say you aren't interested.
    It's fine to date taller guys, who cares what you do with your personal life? I know some girls who only date guys who are 6'5.

• Let me guess. Your boyfriend cheated on you.

• @radi_nce umm maybe from the guys that tell my friend her height is cute?
      Guys love small girls it's a thing the same way girls love tall guys.

• Most honest answer. In fact there was a guy earlier who made a MyTake about how he consider all girls below 5'9 short... How many times guys say about a girl "not my type"?