How to deal with him moving on when you are still affected by what happened?

Last year I got close to an old friend, it all seemed fine but we started arguing& after that it became a regular pattern. Every arguments grew in intensity but I would always go back. He would 'use' me in between girls - when a new girl came along he drifted from me& then an argument would come. A few months ago we became close again& about a week later he opened up to me about his self harm. I was absolutely crushed but I told someone about it& things to seemed to get better. However, about a week later when I needed him just as he needed me the week before, he was rude and inconsiderate telling me 'you're always upset and always say this' and told me I have loads of other friends so there's no reason to open up to him. He started talking about control saying he controls our conversations and he's the only one who can end them & to ‘get it through my head’. Once he even said ‘aww you think you have control that’s cute’. He threatened me but denied it and said 'to sort my head out'. In the end he’d take it all back and say I was just too innocent & take everything the wrong way. He even sent something off my friends phone pretending to be her trying to me think that she was taking sides with him. It was awful but I know I’m not innocent – I did and said things wrong. It's been a few months now but I'm still affected by what happened & what was said. He picked on my biggest insecurities and since my anxiety has gone through the roof. I don't see him anymore & I've met knew people but it just doesn't feels weird. I found out earlier that he's got a new girlfriend and he's open about how much he loves her to the point where he seems desperate. I just feel so stupid. He could just about last a few weeks without arguing with me but someone he's known for a few weeks he's head over heals for. I feel even more stupid as I'm still so affected by it yet he's clearly not. I don't have feelings for him but I'm still affected by what happened and people can't seem to get it.

28