How do I know if a guy is asking me out on a date, or just wants to hang out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If it's just you and him, it's a date. If it's a group, it's a hangout. Well at least that's how I do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • What did he specifically ask you to do? That usually makes it obvious.

0|0
    0|0
    • This has happened several times.

One guy straight up asked about a date, so that’s obvious.

One guy that I met/had VERY small talk with suggested that we hang out sometime (“If you want to come over and chill, you can anytime!”)

One guy that I met at a party and talked a lot to there messaged me and suggested that we get coffee sometime

And one guy that I’ve never seen before in my life went out of his way to ask my contact info and say that we should get lunch.

• I'd guess that only Guy #2 wanted to hang out. the others viewed it as a date. It really serves the same purposes if you just meet up for coffee, it's just much less formal and much less expensive.

• Yeah, I figured, but wasn’t sure. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• u can always playfully ask "is this date?" if he says no u can just laugh it out like u were joking and say " I knew that" and if he says yes well u got urself a date

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If it’s just you two it’s a date

Can you answer my recent one please?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if it's a hangout he might include other people. Does he seem to hesitate? Any other signs of attraction?

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's asking you comfortably, then he want to hang out but if he's asking you confidently, then he want to go on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it starts as hanging out but it develops over time

0|0
    0|0
  • Adk him

0|0
    0|0
  • Most likely a date. If you just met.

0|0
    0|0
  • ask him

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys rarely want to hang out with girls their not interested in, unless it was a date

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• If he asks to hang out, it's not a date. If he says it's a date, it's a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like the guy and want to spend time with him, it shouldn’t really matter. In both cases he wants to meet you again and maybe to get to know you better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly ask him

It might be the only way you’ll ever know.

0|0
    0|0
  • What did he say?

0|0
    0|0
    • This has happened several times, which is why I want to be able to differentiate.

One guy straight up asked about a date, so that’s obvious.

One guy that I met/had VERY small talk with suggested that we hang out sometime (“If you want to come over and chill, you can anytime!”)

One guy that I met at a party and talked a lot to there messaged me and suggested that we get coffee sometime

And one guy that I’ve never seen before in my life went out of his way to ask my contact info and say that we should get lunch.

• Show All
    • Maybe not number two. But yes.

• Okay, that makes sense

Recommended myTakes