How do I know if a guy is asking me out on a date, or just wants to hang out?

510

Most Helpful Guys

• If it's just you and him, it's a date. If it's a group, it's a hangout. Well at least that's how I do it.

• What did he specifically ask you to do? That usually makes it obvious.

• This has happened several times.

One guy straight up asked about a date, so that’s obvious.

One guy that I met/had VERY small talk with suggested that we hang out sometime (“If you want to come over and chill, you can anytime!”)

One guy that I met at a party and talked a lot to there messaged me and suggested that we get coffee sometime

And one guy that I’ve never seen before in my life went out of his way to ask my contact info and say that we should get lunch.

• I'd guess that only Guy #2 wanted to hang out. the others viewed it as a date. It really serves the same purposes if you just meet up for coffee, it's just much less formal and much less expensive.

• Yeah, I figured, but wasn’t sure. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• u can always playfully ask "is this date?" if he says no u can just laugh it out like u were joking and say " I knew that" and if he says yes well u got urself a date