Is it wrong to completely stop caring about women and relationships?

I’m at a point in my life where the thought of being with a woman just makes me feel terrible. My last serious relationship I got cheated on and that really hurt me mentally for years. In today’s age it is so easy for people to cheat or just drop you in the blink of an eye that it seems way too risky. I don’t have much money and due to some of the circumstances that arose in my life after my downward spiral I had to move home. What woman would give a shit about me anyway? Im not an unattractive guy so knowing I could have a relationship does hurt in a weird way. It’s just become easier to not care than to actually try because in the end every single relationship I’ve been in has ended in the girl just moving on to a new guy.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can appreciate why you feel that way. I had relationships that worked out badly too. Be careful of becoming too isolated.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Every single person on the planet who has ever dated tells one of two stories. Either

I dated so many people and it never worked until I met my current partner and, now, I could not be happier,

OR

I have dated so many people and it never worked.

The idea is that you date many women, learn some things about women and about yourself, you get better at selecting potential partners, and you finally find The One. Virtually no one finds their partner without going through this process. You are simply quitting too soon.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Why should it be wrong? You do you

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I am in a good relationship so maybe my opinion on this is irrelevant but obviously I rather be single than in an unhappy or disastrous or toxic relationship.
    To be single is not a failure ... it's just a statement.
    Perhaps you should think about the common points of your ex's and look for a person whith different features.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll give you the same advice I always give. Fuck everything you're doing right now, sell all your shit, quit your job and go on a journey. After that, you're going to have a different mindset about basically everything you just said.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not wrong. It is actually normal and very common these days to feel like that. I am the same. Serious relationships just don't seem worth all the trouble.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is literally the attitude of every guy I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Woman are only good for pump n dumps. Use them to drain a lizard then move on. Don't get attached.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it is not. There is a reason why all major religions have clearly pointed out that women are the true agents of evil on Earth...

0|1
    0|0
  • Right now I'm in place where I'm not interested in dating. I have too many things i'm trying to accomplish and just thinking of being in a relationship makes me feel claustrophobic. Like you i feel like I've just stopped caring about women and relationships.

I think you're feeling really down and low right now and It's normal to feel like this when you don't feel good about yourself. It looks like your sense of self worth has taken a beating

0|0
    0|0
  • I am attractive, fit, muscular, and have no problem flirting or talking to girls. However, there is a very simple question I always ask myself before even thinking about doing anything... 'is she an asset or a liability?''

In today's culture, one will often find the latter...

I wouldn't feel bad about it though, just accept how things are and continue with life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes