Would you ever be willing to date someone with high functioning autism?

I was just wondering...

Does anyone have an experience with that btw? 😂
I've been volunteering for kids with disablities for quite a while now and most of them appear as completely normal to me. There's even this one guy who volunteers for these kids and he's autistic himself but I just think he is quite attractive and really cute. I don't find the autism as such a big deal that would stop me from dating someone, so I was wondering how other people would feel about this.
I think most people just don't know much about autistic people or have a certain image of them that's wrong and that's why they would think having autism would be a really big deal when it comes to dating.

728

Most Helpful Guys

• It wasn't until after i returned home with my date did I find out she had autism we had gone out to a restraunt and then we went to a play. y. her mom was surprised we didn't have any. Proublems i dated this girl for almost. A year. Then she and her family moved across country

• Yeah it's such a huge spectral range that a lot of people probably fall into autism and just haven't been diagnosed or don't know. At any rate, if you are aware of the disabilities people have and you can handle that aspect of them, then who cares really what anyone else things about it. If you like the person go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no reason why an understanding person should reject someone like this. It would possibly present some problems, but with patience, these can be got through.

My mum was a special needs teacher, looking after kids with autism and dyspraxia. I know these are her thoughts