Would you ever be willing to date someone with high functioning autism?

I was just wondering...

Does anyone have an experience with that btw? 😂
Updates:
I've been volunteering for kids with disablities for quite a while now and most of them appear as completely normal to me. There's even this one guy who volunteers for these kids and he's autistic himself but I just think he is quite attractive and really cute. I don't find the autism as such a big deal that would stop me from dating someone, so I was wondering how other people would feel about this.
I think most people just don't know much about autistic people or have a certain image of them that's wrong and that's why they would think having autism would be a really big deal when it comes to dating.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It wasn't until after i returned home with my date did I find out she had autism we had gone out to a restraunt and then we went to a play. y. her mom was surprised we didn't have any. Proublems i dated this girl for almost. A year. Then she and her family moved across country

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's such a huge spectral range that a lot of people probably fall into autism and just haven't been diagnosed or don't know. At any rate, if you are aware of the disabilities people have and you can handle that aspect of them, then who cares really what anyone else things about it. If you like the person go for it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no reason why an understanding person should reject someone like this. It would possibly present some problems, but with patience, these can be got through.

My mum was a special needs teacher, looking after kids with autism and dyspraxia. I know these are her thoughts

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I take every dating opportunity case by case - I hope I am open to at least thinking about everyone - Never dated HF Autistic but know some, might take a bit of getting used to, they have their routines and things they are comfortable talking about, might be freaked by spontaneous touching (I am very tactile)

1|1
    0|0
  • i mean the girl i like is extremely fucking awkward.
    at this point i'm wondering if she's on the spectrum but i wouldn't give a shit.
    that's one thing you'll have to look past when dating someone.
    we all have something and if that just happened to be high functioning ASD well that's fucked but doesn't change a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends really on the person my oldest and best friend has autism and dyslexia I've known him since we were 3 years old but it hasn't changed our friendship at all and I wish him the best now when we are in different classes. But he and I never really had problems because we became really good friends before anything really started happening from what I remember.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea. But I know a girl with autism. It's challenging.

1|0
    0|0
  • Autism is a group of combined cognitive disorders that might include OCD, ODD, ADHD and SPD. Of course, dating a girl with such disorders is like stopping a flying cupid’s arrow and stuff it in my ass. I’m sorry, unless she’d be like BILLIOMARE OF BILLIONARES who’d spend thousands on me each day, I won’t be much interested in the business🤣🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • I've got no experience with it so I don't know. But I do know that some people with autism are different from others regarding social skills so even then it would be up to the individual

1|0
    0|0
    • True, people (me included) are going to have a certain image in our head about what autistic people are like.

I know one autistic guy and he was weird because he would cry when the smallest object hit him during PE. But other than that he was an okay guy.

Sweet that you volunteer though, really sweet

• I'd have to say GO FOR IT!

Autistic men, if you can get around their quirks, can be remarkably loyal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have high functioning autism/aspergers sydrome, i can remember historic details, geography and can name every capital city and country in the world,

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'd give them a chance. They call it high functioning for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • IF LOVE LEADS ME TO MY DREAM GIRL AND SHE IS AUTISTIC SO BE IT

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends, I'd have to see what they were like

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

1|0
    0|0
  • have found several who do.
    i'm an aspy.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It would be a stiff and unpleasant experience.

1|0
    0|0
    • I do have some experience with persons with autism. My experiences were not good. High functioning or not, they always seemed kind of potently explosive for no cause. A panic mode always was possible. Also boy or girl there is a possible risk of blame if this ever got to the sexual point. Sex with autistic persons is usually considered as abuse in most states.
      And be sure this is not sympathy but your great ability to care. be careful for his sake as well. Can he handle a breakup as well as you? These are just some thoughts that may or may not apply to you.

• sex with an autistic person is abuse lol

• Nope, too difficult.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont think i can, im not that strong enough

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

1|0
    0|0
  • What would I be expecting?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. can't, do it.

I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know enough to not date one tooo much drama

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how it looks like

0|0
    0|0
  • oh hell naw

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean it really depends on my first impression with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only for sex, and only if it was in another country or something so she couldn't follow me home.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to think a lot if modern autism is just erratic behaviors that went unchecked during younger years and were never corrected. A century ago autism didn't even exist. Now it's everywhere? Come on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe depends

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're otherwise "normal" I'd give it a shot.

1|0
    0|0
  • if i reallly love them and it's meant to be and its a good relationship
    yeah, why not

1|0
    0|0
  • if they're independent enough I don't see a problem with it

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never done that.

1|0
    0|0