Would you let your parents dictate who you date?

Sorry this is long.. im really upset. I’m 18. I’ve been talking on and off with a guy for 3 years. I was 15, he was 19, but i really liked him and always have. We’ve drifted away a few times but always found our way back to each other. We agreed through the years, when i was an adult, things would change. They did. After i turned 18, things got more serious between him and i. I can genuinely say this guy is the light of my life. People may call me young and naive, and that’s okay. But i can genuinely tell you that I’ve never met anyone who’s more like me in my life. We’re troubled souls and work very well together. My mother was 18 when she married my father, they were married for 20 years. I figured she of all people would understand. He’s not in my life anymore so he has no say. Before i became an adult, my mom was supportive of my relationship with my guy. Now that I’m older and we’re more serious, she all of a sudden Hates him. Wants to make me pick between her and him. Calling him a lot of mean things, calling me a bitch and a whore for being with him... all because his religious viewpoint is different from hers. My moms such a huge part of my life, but so is my boyfriend. He’s my love and has helped me in ways Nobody, not even he will ever understand. What would you guys do? My mother’s not reasonable. I can’t “sit down and have a conversation” with her. She blows up.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Shoot me a message saying that my mom has blocked you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes