Do I tell him I'm depressed again?

My boyfriend and I are in a LDR, and recently I've been noticing my depression slowly coming back. I want to tell my boyfriend, but he is going through a lot right now. His close family member is very ill and possibly may pass, he has been really stressed and extremely busy. I also suffer from anxiety, and he is aware of this but it frustrates him that he can't help me much, more so now that we live almost 200 miles apart. I feel as if this will be the same case, only worse if I tell him. I'm beginning to have suicidal thoughts again on top of this, but I definitely don't want him to feel like everything in his life is going south. At the same time I don't want him to be mad at himself for me being more sensitive or irritable. I also think he has a right to know.
But I'm not sure, what do you guys think?
  • Tell him
    Vote A
  • Tell him later
    Vote B
  • Dont tell him
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• if he's supportive and loves you then it lessens the burden of depression when you know you have someone else that is willing to support you

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Part of being in a relationship is being trusting of each other, even if your intentions are good, how would you feel if it was the other way around? He has the right to know about your wellbeing, because he cares, and you need all the support you can get though a hard time like this. What hurts a lot, is finding out someone you love is suffering, even worse though, finding out later and realizing you had no idea that whole time.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, that is true. If i was him i'd definitely want to know :/

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Your boyfriend must really love you to be willing to deal with that.

0|0
    2|0
    • Thanks for making my mental illnesses sound like a burden I have control over.

• yes tell him so you can work together to get better, you are stronger together then ever apart

0|0
    0|0
  • Life is a joke anyway only thing you can do is spit in Death's face like a psycho

0|0
    0|0
  • Be very honest with him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• LDR's a very hard, (I am in one)
    and yes by all means communicate with him how you feel, never hide your feelings cause bottling them up doesn't help anyone. Be there for him and he'll be there for you I always say. and best of luck to you both<3

0|0
    0|0
  • He deserves to know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes