Girls, do you actually find it annoying when men are too "passionate" about a subject on a first date?

I've heard some people mention this as a problem from some friends, who've been told that they're too passionate and that was unattractive to them. Have you ever told a date this? Did you genuinely mean it? Or was it really code for something else? Do you think the guy would be offended if you were direct and said what you meant? (If indeed you meant something else) Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Generally I like it a lot if he is passionate about it. But if he talks 2 hours straigth about something I have absolutely no interest about, that could be a problem.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer! And fair enough, if it really goes on that long without noticing you aren't interested at all, that would be an issue. However, it was more because they were passionate at all, that seemed to be the issue rather than having gone of for too long about it.

What Guys Said 1

• If you don't have any shared interests or don't Focus on them on a date, yeah, of Course she'll get bored Hearing About something she doesn't care About.

0|0
    0|0
    • First of all, thank you for your reply! So you're saying you don't think that people can talk about anything the other person doesn't already have a mutual interest in?

• No, they definitely can, I just think that most People have Limits on how much they're willing to do it and find it a turn-off, epecially if it is really far from their own set of interests and what they might be curious About. I have lockpicking as a Hobby (yes, it is a Hobby), but I'd never Mention it on a date because it's male-dominated and I'd assume a Woman has no interest. It's also nowhere near my biggest Passion, but I Mention for illustrative purposes.

Recommended myTakes