Girls, do you actually find it annoying when men are too "passionate" about a subject on a first date?

I've heard some people mention this as a problem from some friends, who've been told that they're too passionate and that was unattractive to them. Have you ever told a date this? Did you genuinely mean it? Or was it really code for something else? Do you think the guy would be offended if you were direct and said what you meant? (If indeed you meant something else) Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

11