Would you date a single mom?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C
* or single dad?

842

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating a single dad and he's dating a single mom 😊

Most Helpful Guys

• Especially since I have Kids myself (although I will not be the custodial parent), Dating a single mom would be complex and difficult. It would have to be a Situation where she has support from Family and reliable Babysitters as well as financial stability.

• Depends on how I feel about her kids. The closest I got to that was with a friend of mine who brought her kids to hang out in our friend group and I started hanging out with them and they really liked me, and so much that her daughter asked me if I could be had new dad (her previous father passed away). And that tugged at the heart strings even though her mother wasn't even my type. I dated her briefly but she really wasn't my type, as in too much of a handful.

But I still really liked her kids. I even joke with her sometimes that I'll buy one of her kids sometimes for $100,000, and she jokes back that she'll give me one of them for free.

Anyway, for me it's about the kids.

• In my case I was raised by a single mother throughout my teenage years (parents divorced), and she brought in all sorts of weird guys to our home, including one who stole my mother's car and my prized possessions (all my video games and my Mickey Mantle autographed baseball card). I didn't want to be anything like those guys. So if I was to ever consider dating a single mother again, her kids would have to love me and want me there. It'd be even more important for me to win the kids' approval than the mother's.

• The one I dated briefly above apparently dated one guy who gambled away not only his [/money] but hers as well [...]

• Some people are OK with it. I had a friend who married a girl with boys 7 and 9 at the time. He never seemed the type to want to be around babies/toddlers, so it worked out well. He was devastated when the younger one was killed in a accident.