Updates:
* or single dad?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating a single dad and he's dating a single mom 😊

0|2
    0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Especially since I have Kids myself (although I will not be the custodial parent), Dating a single mom would be complex and difficult. It would have to be a Situation where she has support from Family and reliable Babysitters as well as financial stability.

0|0
    2|0
  • Depends on how I feel about her kids. The closest I got to that was with a friend of mine who brought her kids to hang out in our friend group and I started hanging out with them and they really liked me, and so much that her daughter asked me if I could be had new dad (her previous father passed away). And that tugged at the heart strings even though her mother wasn't even my type. I dated her briefly but she really wasn't my type, as in too much of a handful.

But I still really liked her kids. I even joke with her sometimes that I'll buy one of her kids sometimes for $100,000, and she jokes back that she'll give me one of them for free.

Anyway, for me it's about the kids.

1|0
    0|0
    • In my case I was raised by a single mother throughout my teenage years (parents divorced), and she brought in all sorts of weird guys to our home, including one who stole my mother's car and my prized possessions (all my video games and my Mickey Mantle autographed baseball card). I didn't want to be anything like those guys. So if I was to ever consider dating a single mother again, her kids would have to love me and want me there. It'd be even more important for me to win the kids' approval than the mother's.

• Show All
    • The one I dated briefly above apparently dated one guy who gambled away not only his [/money] but hers as well [...]

• Some people are OK with it. I had a friend who married a girl with boys 7 and 9 at the time. He never seemed the type to want to be around babies/toddlers, so it worked out well. He was devastated when the younger one was killed in a accident.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 40

• I'd date a single mom, and use the opportunity to learn how she is with kids and real responsibility.

Don't get that kind of real info on someone you're casually dating who isn't a parent.

2|0
    0|0
  • Since I'm so young right now and wouldn't really be able to support a child I would have to say that I wouldn't date a single mom. Maybe if I was a bit older with my career started I would consider it but it won't happen anytime soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just personnal opinion : when I was single I avoided single mom every Times : it was à dealbreaker for me. Once, I was younger, I dated a woman and After 4 months she finnally said me that she have 3 kids (. while never saying it before ). I ended the relationship on the following day. It was à hard décision but no regrets hère. If some men Can deal with that, good for them, but I do not want to bé the ''second class citizen'' in my relationship,

0|0
    2|0
  • Absolutely. If anything. Usually they have their acts together. Well not always but for the most part. Or so at 52 I need to believe in a better tomorrow- got to be positive right?

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm a single father of 3 so wouldn't be fair if i expected any woman to accept me and my kids but wouldn't accept theirs

2|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but I'd wait as long as I could before getting to know the kid (s). I'd feel like a monster leaving if the kid became attached to me, but the relationship didn't work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not with kids younger than about 15 because until that age they need her more than she needs you and their dad still. So you're #3 to her.

0|0
    2|0
  • It’s all about the woman’s personality, and in this case her kid (s) as well.

2|1
    0|0
  • The older you get, if you are still single, the more likely the answer will be YES to this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Highly unlikely. But I might make an exception for the right person.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be extremely unlikely for me to even consider it. She would have to be near-perfect with total contrition for her screw up.

0|0
    2|0
  • At least with them you can be fairly certain that they are biologically female.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Don't like kids, and too much baggage if the dad's still hanging around.

0|1
    1|0
  • I think that's like everything fantasy, I mean isn't that what MILF stands for

1|0
    0|0
  • nope never ever sorry , don't even think about it , talk to the hand

0|0
    0|0
  • i avoid single mothers, they are low of the lowest human being on earth

0|0
    1|1
  • I am doing so right now

2|0
    0|1
  • Sure, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if I found her attractive

2|1
    0|1
  • No..

0|0
    2|0
  • No sir.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did, then married her

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I would.

2|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely if we're compatible with each other.

2|0
    0|0
  • The mom would have to be amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the mom, but no

0|0
    0|0
  • Heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllz no.

0|0
    2|0
  • Yes.. if I have a click with her it's possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|1
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes