Do you call out people that ‘ghost’ you?

Do you ever call people out for ghosting you?

I was recently ghosted and today I decided to call him out on it on WhatsApp and man... it feels soooo good! I am now empowered.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm no medium, i i leave it to the professionals to speak with to the dead.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not unless it’s someone important to me, I don’t want to give them satisfaction in thinking I care.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• Rule#1 : if people of romantic interest ghost out on you never call them... i repeat do not call them. That empowerment is temporary, because you will be ghosted out again.
    Rule#2 : Always Follow rule#1
    This is coming from the person who has been recently ghosted out, even though being nice, funny, thoughful.

1|0
    0|0
    • It was immense sending that message! I hadn’t expected a response but I got one, it was a bullshit response but still a response. What a d**k he is

• This... sh! t happens to a lot of guys and girls all the time. Don't worry... there numerous literal d! cks orbiting around every girl, some of them will make a proper landing on you someday.. make sure you grab a good one.
      Anyways I was trying to make my reply funny. Don't ever contact people who do not make proper response, you will begin to loose your self respect and dignity, I am in my 30's and I am still making the same mistake... damn.

• Yes, but not literally mentioned their name or so. More in a subtweeting kind of way lol

1|0
    0|0
    • I sent him a direct message telling him he was an a-hole

• Hahahaha well damn. But the girl did knew that what i tweeted was about her. She then apologized on snapchat that`s she sorry for leaving me on read lol since that`s where she left me on read. I told that it was ok.

• You actually have it backwards. Lashing out gives them the power. It shows them you let them get the best of your emotions. Even with that said I have called out ghosters lol. Sometimes it just feels like you have to get something off your chest.

2|1
    0|0
  • no, i don't even bother since doesn't really bother me. if they don't want to talk then it's just whatever and i'll talk to someone else. but sometimes it's funny how people out of nowhere just try to talk again and acting like nothing happened and i'm like "sorry, who are you again?" lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I had. At the time i had never been ghosted so I wasn’t really sure what was going on. It was more of a slow fade and ghost so It left me pretty confused but I never really got to call them out on shitty behavior. I know now though, so If they try to contact me again or if it happens again I’d let them know

0|0
    0|0
  • LMAO I bet it went like this...

Chat box
    Her: heyyy
    Him: *message seen*
    Her: motherfucker I sent you my tits why you ghost me I slept with you when you asked on day 3 of talking bitch.

Her to herself: wow that was very empowering, ha, you go girl

0|1
    1|0
  • What's the point - you won't gain anything from it. They have already proven themselves completely uninterested in talking to you so why bother? Not like they owe you anything.

0|2
    0|0
  • Guess what, he didn't give you a second thought, so you have a phony form of empowerment. Become empowered by bettering yourself. Not by letting others draw you into their drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly I wish them good luck with someone that get attracted to those with lack of initiative here doesn't it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I got the hint. No reason to give them justification for ghosting you.

2|1
    0|1
  • Exactly, you should call them out.

It won't prevent them from doing so, but it will short circuit any negative emotion associated with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depends... I have been ghosted and ghost on dating apps like tinder and bumble. Sometimes life just gets buys and I forget about a match- the conversation isn't really going anywhere so I just stop messaging back... I really don't think it is all that bad, even when a really cute girl does it to me.

Now if I knew someone in real life to pretty much any extent, or we go on even one date- I think that is the point ghosting is really immature and you should say something.

In terms of 'calling people on it' I honestly feel like that ultimately makes you look a little crazy though... depending on the situation the other person may be a dick and deserve it, but doing something about it doesn't necessarily help anything and may in fact hurt you

0|0
    0|0
  • No and tbh it would be pointless to do so cause if they ghost you that means they don't care so why would they care what you say to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was just recently hosted myself by this one girl. Sometimes I do call them out, sometimes not. I personally can't decide this time, but it takes a lot of weight of your shoulders usually!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't because I have accepted the fact that no one owes me anything.

2|0
    0|0
  • Umm... I do this all the time mostly because of work. Ghosting people is not something do on purpose, it just naturally happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i dont waste my time on a chapter that i already know the end of

0|1
    0|0
  • No I have better ways to waste my life than stirring up drama with someone who has clearly moved on

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol what's the point you'll loolk stupid & crazy & also will let that person get the best of you

0|0
    0|0
  • What's ghosting, It feels like it means like stalking.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on how you do it. If you go all guns blazing then you look very insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I couldn't care less. I don't put that much value on anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah let a mother fucker know the score.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No I just call the Ghostbusters

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Why bother.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does that empowerment come with a timer? 🙂

0|0
    0|1
  • Always!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yh all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• It depends why they ghosted me - If I didn't do anything to deserve it - then I will complain.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t think I have but I dont recall ever being ghosted either.
    I could see how that might feel good to tell the person off though. But you better be sure they ghosted you and weren’t just busy being with their dying grandmother, otherwise you looks like the crazy asshole. Lol
    If I were in the situation though, depending on the relationship I had with the person I’d probably just say fuck it and move on. It doesn’t really better the situation, it’s not like he’s going to see the error of his ways and change anything when it comes to us and it probably won’t change anything with how he behaves with the next girl.
    It’s not that I give a shit what people think of me exactly but going off on a guy that ghosts you just makes you look like you’ve lost your damn mind and then he can go “see you’re fucking crazy and that’s why I ghosted your ass” so you might feel good for a minute then you get the reply back.
    Not talking about you asker, just the thought that ran through my head when trying to picture myself in that situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Because I don't see the point. If they no longer want contact with you , they aren't obligated to tell you.

Calling him out lets him know how much ghosting bothered or irritated you.

Calling people out would just make them feel elated. It would give them the satisfaction in knowing they had that much control over you. You've disarmed yourself, not empowered yourself

1|2
    0|0
  • calling out is good if you understanding you will have no effect on the other person and garner no response. in fact it will likely provide them with validation, siggesting you are desperate and crazy.

however, if you dont care, there is a legit reason to call out and that is you feel the need to be heard. if you call out for this reason and this reason alone, it can be satisfying. hoping you felt this way and move on to better things soon.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been ghosted but see it as them doing you a favor just leave them alone, they're not worth your time. If he tried to contact you after ghosting you then you call him out or ignoring him is better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I do because if it's something that was important at the time then I'd like to know what happened

1|2
    0|0
  • Yeah.. Íf you gonna call anyone out the best thing to do is to not respond after their initial response of taken abackedness otherwise the triumph kinda fails..

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation. If it’s someone I care about I would call them out on it because I’d be mostly worried if something serious happened to them then if they don’t respond I just forget about them

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I recently got ghosted. We did exchange few texts here and there but after that I lost interest in him. Anyways, always remember if it meant to be it will be and if it's not no one or any circumstances can make that happen..

0|0
    0|0
  • No. People have many reasons for "ghosting" you. they might be going through their own problems. Put your self in their shoes before you judge or act on your emotion.

0|1
    0|0
    • But they should still let the person no hey I’m going through things I need time to myself. It’s not that hard

• People ghost because you dont matter to them. If you dom they wouldn't do that. Anyway. Its not a lost to complain and call people out. You can't force someone to talk to you or be friends etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it before because I needed to get something off my chest. In the end, I found it pointless to give that guy my attention

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, don't even give them the idea that you've noticed

0|1
    0|0
  • For what? When people ghost on me i allow them to ghost on me and i do not double text nor ask why because i know why. This one guy ghosted on me but in reality he did it just to spark madness within me but figured i was unbothered and continued to post on social media. You are only empowered when you react but no one can know what you're thinking as long as you don't react. No reaction is the answer sometimes you have to put things in reverse and flip the script that's how you win. Raging, sending long paragraphs, pouring out your feelings works when the person actually cares and if they did... they wouldn't be a ghost.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would so that he will not play that same games with me again.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think sending them a glitter bomb is better

0|0
    0|0
  • What did you say?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Really

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • No because they made it obvious they don't want to be around.

Now if they come back later on... thats when I get petty than ghost them right back lmao

0|1
    0|0
  • People always sound so pathetic when they get mad that they got ghosted. He didn’t want to talk to you. Get over it. You were probably boring. That’s your fault. Move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanted to call out my ex but I never did say exactly how I felt. What happened is he claimed to love me and asked me numerous times to stay with him, said he missed me and that he was sorry all the time. As soon as we got back together after a period of being broken up, poof. He was gone. Months down the line we talked and he said the reason was because he was embarrassed because of financial reasons like losing his apartment had made him feel inferior. I simply forgave him without him even having to earn my trust back AND we had sex. 4 days later and he was gone again. I called him out for ignoring me then I got worried about him a week later and said we could be friends still because I didn't want him to feel bad. Naive me. Honestly, I think I should just delete the memory of him because I'm starting to hate him and feel angry at the thought of him. This never happened before. I used to think nice thoughts about him all the time even when he did things to hurt me all I did was love him and worry about him. Now I try to keep him in the back of my mind so I dont let my anger take me out of character. I didn't say my full opinion so I dont consider it calling him out for ghosting me, nor did I ever once tell him how angry and distrusting I became of him up to this point. I always just forgave him and asked him to forgive me because I didn't want to blame him completely without accepting my own shortcomings. Only at this point I have no idea how I might be wrong to hate him. He led me on and then he left and no matter what his reasoning was, he has never considered my feelings. He has never seen me angry and he has no idea how mean I can be when I hate someone because all I have ever done was love him. I dont want to hate anybody so for the most part I ignore memories about him and I think about fucking other men and dating new guys to remind me that I dont owe him anything either. Not even all the love he asked me for when he was depressed and feeling like nobody cared about him except for me, according to him

0|0
    0|0
  • Naa I just take a hint and move on.

0|0
    0|1
  • Omg move on

0|0
    0|1
  • No I don't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes