Would you date a vegetarian/vegan?

Let's say they're not the crazy vegan activists and actually respect your choices too.
  • Yes
  • No

3862

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. If it was for health or just preference reasons, that's fine. If it's because you are saving the planet or don't want to hurt animals or some other nonsense, no.

My grandmother didn't like to eat a lot of meat, there were a few things she liked, a little ham sometimes, but didn't really like beef and really didn't like chicken. She and my grandfather got along fine and it wasn't a huge issue. My sister really only likes chicken, and doesn't care for much other meat. That's fine.

People have likes and dislikes, and have weird allergies and things that don't digest well. That's fine. I can live with that. Just don't bring your crazy ideology.

• I’m a foodie and love to cook. I think it would be limiting because I enjoy meat and food is such a big part of my life, but I wouldn’t rule out dating her. I’d be open to trying new recipes that she enjoys, and to trying new dishes. But since she respects my choice, I would respect hers, too.

Most Helpful Girls

• Vegetarian would be no problem, but I feel dating someone vegan might be too much. Mainly it comes down to the difficulty in coordinating meals together. It would be nice to be with someone that you can take turns cooking for, without having to make two entirely different meals, or having (very) limited options in where you go out to eat.

Vegetarians tend to have a little more flexibility in ingredients and while there would still be some differences in meal planning/restaurants it's still much easier.

• I am a vegetarian and my boyfriend is basically a carnivore. Even though I don’t eat meat myself, him eating meat is kinda sexy... don’t really understand why. We make it work.

I still cook things for him with meat in it, I just substitute for myself. I’m not opposed to him eating meat. I guess I’m not squeamish as I’m a medical student and am used to dissections etc.

It is not necessarily a deal breaker.

• Also to the guy that claimed vegetarians don’t give head or swallow, I do 😉

• Can you stop, please?

I mean, you're beautiful - but can you stop?