Would you date a vegetarian/vegan?

Let's say they're not the crazy vegan activists and actually respect your choices too.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. If it was for health or just preference reasons, that's fine. If it's because you are saving the planet or don't want to hurt animals or some other nonsense, no.

My grandmother didn't like to eat a lot of meat, there were a few things she liked, a little ham sometimes, but didn't really like beef and really didn't like chicken. She and my grandfather got along fine and it wasn't a huge issue. My sister really only likes chicken, and doesn't care for much other meat. That's fine.

People have likes and dislikes, and have weird allergies and things that don't digest well. That's fine. I can live with that. Just don't bring your crazy ideology.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a foodie and love to cook. I think it would be limiting because I enjoy meat and food is such a big part of my life, but I wouldn’t rule out dating her. I’d be open to trying new recipes that she enjoys, and to trying new dishes. But since she respects my choice, I would respect hers, too.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Vegetarian would be no problem, but I feel dating someone vegan might be too much. Mainly it comes down to the difficulty in coordinating meals together. It would be nice to be with someone that you can take turns cooking for, without having to make two entirely different meals, or having (very) limited options in where you go out to eat.

Vegetarians tend to have a little more flexibility in ingredients and while there would still be some differences in meal planning/restaurants it's still much easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a vegetarian and my boyfriend is basically a carnivore. Even though I don’t eat meat myself, him eating meat is kinda sexy... don’t really understand why. We make it work.

I still cook things for him with meat in it, I just substitute for myself. I’m not opposed to him eating meat. I guess I’m not squeamish as I’m a medical student and am used to dissections etc.

It is not necessarily a deal breaker.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also to the guy that claimed vegetarians don’t give head or swallow, I do 😉

• Can you stop, please?

I mean, you're beautiful - but can you stop?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• I wish I could I could... but I love meat, eggs, and cheese way too much. One of my favorite couple things to do is plan, cook and enjoy a meal together. Plus, i feel like no matter what they say now, eventually I will feel pressured to go with thier die, een if just for financial reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what people choose to eat, as long as they don't comment on my dietary choices or try to justify theirs.

However, a vegan/vegetarian will automatically be judged by me, as it is a choice that I deem negatively indicative of their intellect/personality.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm a vegetarian. So yea, I'd date one.

I wouldn't date a preachy vegan though. I can't give up dairy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, as long as they weren't dicks about it.

I'd prefer a vegetarian out of the two, as I think veganism is more extreme, by which I mean, it has a lot more restrictions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since I'm no joke allergic to soy, beans, etc, I don't really have any other protein source other than meat. Unless I want to live off of protein pills. Meat is my only protein source, which doesn't really make me any harm, since I absolutely love meat. 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • That being said, dating a vegetarian/vegan wouldn't really be an optimal solution for me unless the other person could respect my food allergies. Cooking two different meals everyday seems like a waste kind of food if you cook too much.

• To each their own, I think the question should be reverse. I dont think most meat eaters would care about seeing someone eat vegatables but I could see how it might upset a vegan or the like watch someone eat animals they think are friends not food.

0|1
    0|0
  • she would have to be truly outstanding, as this is one of the first indicators someone is bound to be a fruit. not all, but a significant enough percentage to arouse suspicion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly can't, I love hunting and fishing and meat so much specially steak, I actually eat meat everyday and rarely eat vegetables so... If they don't mind me keep doing this I don't care but I would like to marry a woman that hunt too

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if she says it's cool up front, women don't work that way. She will be passively plotting to end my meat consumption for a year or so, then suddenly it will be the end of the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • This actually has more elaborate answer than yes or no. Mainly because there are a lot of places that don't offer vegan options.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to live a healthy life style, so a vegetarian would be good.

0|0
    0|0
    • why do you need a vegetarian girlfriend to start?

• Show All
    • If you bought it at a supermarket the term "free range" means you paid more for the same product. Good job brainlet.

• @llililili : You sure so assume a lot. I said free range with an "etc.", meaning I didn't just look for range free at a supermarket. But you sure can't fain many converts to your diet, by insulting people.

• Too much of a difference for me. I like eating though and sharing food with people

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been one to make people live the way they don't want. I'm open and accepting. As long as we have a common grounded mindset. Been curious myself of being vegan or vegetarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • but only if they wouldn't force me to turn vegan/vegetarian then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with vegetarians. Vegans are just an odd breed of beings.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's their choices in food gotta do with my choice to date them. It's usually vegetarians who has problem with meat eaters 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry sharing food is a bonding experience for me. If you can't eat most of the foods I can then that really limits what we can eat together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares whos what, as long as we understand each other

1|0
    0|0
  • Meat is expensive so i can always take her our to the pasture to eat grass on picnics

0|2
    1|0
  • Hell no, I work in a butcher’s shop that won’t work out

0|1
    0|0
  • Meat is healthy; meat is life.

My diet consists of meat mostly - around 80 % by weight. It makes me feel strong.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a delight. Let's say: at ''KFC''; 8 p. m? :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Veggie Burger vs Triple Mac burger? Yes. Seriously though I commend vegans from abstaining from meat. I need that strength people.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're truly an open-minded, respectful vegan (I've never met one myself but I'm sure they exist) then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure no reason not to, so long as she doesn't rag on me for eating meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she doesn't have a problem with me eating meat

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have any problem if she is not forcing me for changing my diet and i will do the same..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah as long as they respect my choices then it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • No. because i like my meat and they wouldn't cook it for me

0|0
    1|0
    • Or you could not be lazy couch potato and cook your own meat

• Im not always gonna be tge on to cook am i

• Yes, why not? It's not like Kale will make me melt like the Wicked Witch of the West

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 36

• Im a vegan and I’ve dated 2 “meat lovers” this year and honestly, everything goes fine so long as they respect me. I say “I have strong opinions on it and the only reason that matters is “I want to”” and I encourage them to do research on their own time and even try it for a month but if not, to each their own. I’d like to date a vegan guy but it’s not a big deal as long as there’s mutual respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Going to restaurants is a pain in the ass in certain countries. I like to travel and have good food without feeling guilty for choosing the best restaurant in town but he only has one or two dishes to select from.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would if he doesn’t try to make me vegetarian/vegan too, or doesn’t speak all day about how eating meet is wrong or something like that. I wouldn’t speak to him what he has to eat so I won’t expect that from him too.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're respectful of my diet too, then I have no issue with dating a vegan/vegetarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegan no, vegetarian yes. A vegan would constantly shame me for being pescaterian (veggies and fish) and would stock my fridge with tofu 🤢🤮

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m vegetarian myself so that would actually be my preference, it’s just more convenient if we cook together or pick a restaurant to go to

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, why it bothers people so much i have no idea. I see more people who eat meat losing their shit over vegans than the other way around

0|0
    0|0
  • sure. Probably more likely to be compatible with a vegetarian than a vegan though

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never met a chill vegan so NO on that one. Vegetarian yes. I go through vegetarian phases myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • No hatred for vegans, or vegetarians, but I would choose not to date someone whos a vegan because I know I can't handle that

0|0
    0|0
  • No. One, I don't think that person exists. Two, even if *they* are genuinely willing to not care about your food choices, chances are they've got a boatload of friends who do, and they'll beat you over the head about it.

Frankly, I find most vegans to be utterly rude. I never comment when anyone orders their bowl of twigs and nuts because it's not my business. However, I expect in return not to get harangued about *my* dietary choices. I shouldn't have to explain or defend them.

So, yeah, even if the SO was that unicorn of a non-meat eater who actually had some manners, I could see arguments coming up when their friends started in on me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe because your choice isn't only your choice, those abimals didn't choose to die.
      Anyway, i never made comments on what someone was eating. I only talk about my choices when someone asks.

• Yes but I would be worried because I was a vegan and i got really sick because of it so obviously i wouldn't want to see that happen to someone i cared about.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they weren't super militant about it yeah. Sure you can try and sway me a bit but I like meat too much to give it up

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I would not. I want someone with whom I can share my love for all meals.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, as long as they accepted I wasn't a vegan. I need my milk chocolate.

0|0
    0|0
  • i did once, it was tougher than you'd think but its not a dealbreaker

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not. I would feel vad eating a burger infront of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they dont make me eat that way and make my life a living hell

0|0
    0|0
  • there are people who won't date a vegetarian haha i am vegetarian

0|0
    0|1
  • I will date a vegetarian. I will not date a vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am one, so yes

1|0
    0|0
  • Vegetarian, yes. Vegan , no

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I am a vegetarian.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian so It would make sense

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not

0|0
    0|0
  • Not ever

0|0
    0|0
  • No, this is a case of opposites do not attract.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. More meat for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes