Why do people ask how they MAKE people commit?

I never understood this. Someone will be fucking someone who has made it clear they don't want to be with them, or they make it clear impassively. They get into it knowing this person isn't looking for commitment, but they're convinced they can "make them" commit somehow. Whether it's with great sex, by showing them how "girlfriend/boyfriend" material they are, etc.

Then, act SHOCKED when it doesn't work out?

If someone wants to commit, they will either do it, or they won't. They can't be made unless you baby-trap them or some shit like a total psychopath. Even that isn't guaranteed to work. People can still tuck-tail and run from your crazy ass.

Thoughts?

1843

Most Helpful Guys

• You right. I think it speaks to how controlling the individual might be 🤷

• Unrequited love causes this. One side more interested than the other and it can drive some to not think rationally.

Have you never experienced this? Or at least been on the receiving end of it?

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh my gawd, I think someone posted a question about that 😂 I couldn’t even answer cuz I was having the same exact thoughts! MAKE someone commit? How bout instead of manipulating and plotting, try not passing the pussy around 🤷🏾‍♀️ OR!!! Better yet, only entertain people who are looking for the same things.
    People are so fucking annoying 😂 people just want to have everything go their way as if there are no consequences to your actions. If you fuck with someone who just wants to fuck... don’t expect a ring 👀 period.

• I agree 100%. Anyone trying to force a commitment is desperate, stupid, and inconsiderate of their partners feelings.