Guys, how do I slow down his sexual advances?

A guy and I are seeing each other and like each other a lot. We are in a pretty complicated situation and sex would be a bad idea at the moment. We spent a lot of hours talking in person and getting to know each other and in the last few days we’ve had really intense kisses and have sexted a few times. Ever since though that seems to be all our conversations are about. I told him today that I’ve noticed that’s how it’s gone and he said it’s bwcause it’s new and stuff we’ve wanted to say for awhile. He then reassured me that he really likes me and understands I need balance.

So far the convos are still extremely sexually related and I don’t want to talk like that all the time and I don’t know how to slow it down.
how do I do this without hurting his feelings or making him feel rejected?

10

Most Helpful Guys

• Have you tried deliberately starting an important convo about something else that's important to you? Because to me it sounds mostly like you just need some evidence that he's capable of showing interest in something besides sex.

• Yeah we talk about heaps of different topics we’ve always had amazing chats it’s just since we talked sexual once ( I wasn’t teasing him I was in the mood) it’s like opening a can of worms that I can’t shut. He said he just has a crazy sex drive and I turn him on so much and he said he’ll try not do it so much but when he does sometimes I’m not in the mood and don’t want to

• This is pretty much the classic male/female dilema since caveman days. Believe me, he's not lying about how distracting his drive is. If he has a genuine emotional connection to you that makes him attracted to you, it only makes that physical drive stronger. Imagine the worst itch you've ever had right in the middle of your back that you cannot reach no matter what you do. Now multiply by one thousand. Now imagine that someone you care about has just caressed that spot and said they'd love to scratch it for you...

Anyway, I believe you that you're not teasing him, but try to understand that if you want to talk about something else, at least for the time being, you're going to need to step up and come up with the topics on your own.

• Spend more time in person and text less. In person if a guy is getting sexual it’s easy to smile let him no you appreciate it maybe give him a quick peck or something but then redirect the attention elsewhere. Over the phone you can’t finesse a conversation like that. A great way to get a guy to be less sexual is to just get it out of the way. It’s the tension that’s driving it all.

• So you think if we have sex a few times and finally do it things will go back to normal?
      He talks to me everyday without fail. If I take too long to reply he worries. He alway reassures me and told me he wants me and only me. I think because we’ve been talking so sexual lately and he always moves the convo in that direction I’m getting a bit insecure that’s all he wants.. am I being silly?
      Is it safe to say he just has a crazy sex drive?

• Nooooo I’m not saying just have sex a few times. I’m saying spend more time in person to normalize your non sexual behaviors with each other more often. You don’t necessarily have to have sex to relieve sexual tension. But you do need to have a few conversation. You’re not being silly but you are being avoidant. Express this fear to him. Let him know that you like the sexual stuff but you want the other parts to. You’ve gotta be brave enough to have the conversation or you’re choosing this life.

• @Asker He doesn't have a "crazy" sex drive. He has a *normal, male* sex drive.