Why do I feel like I’m going to be single for the rest of my life?

I’m starting college very soon and I’m really afraid that I won’t find someone in the future. I’ve never had a relationship. I just feel like everyone’s after sex and I’m really not about that life. I guess I’m a pretty girl but I guess my personality makes me prettier. People say I’m outgoing, charismatic, and kind. I’m very sensitive & care a lot about people’s feelings. I don’t understand hook up culture and I’m afraid people will only want to hook up with me in college 🙁. I just want someone I can relate to & be adventurous with. Is there still hope?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe, but I'm not sure it will lie in your "first". Just realistically, most people don't marry their first -- I've known only a handful of people who married their high school sweethearts or something like that. And maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones winning the love lottery and ending up that way, but I think a more resilient mindset won't attach all the hopes and dreams of that happening, and instead realize that, for most mortals, you gotta sort of climb up the totem pole and go through at least a one or two bad relationships before you end up in a really great one (in my case it was a whole lot more than two).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I will never understand why young people think like this. They have so much time in front of them. Wait till you are middle-aged or older and if you are still single then you can worry. For now, make the most out of life and a relationship will come your way. Young people are in demand, older people are not. You will be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • By all means, YES. You have your whole life in front of you. The right man is out there. Don't worry, he'll find you.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's the right time for everything. Don't rush into things or worry about that.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes