Why do I feel like I’m going to be single for the rest of my life?

I’m starting college very soon and I’m really afraid that I won’t find someone in the future. I’ve never had a relationship. I just feel like everyone’s after sex and I’m really not about that life. I guess I’m a pretty girl but I guess my personality makes me prettier. People say I’m outgoing, charismatic, and kind. I’m very sensitive & care a lot about people’s feelings. I don’t understand hook up culture and I’m afraid people will only want to hook up with me in college 🙁. I just want someone I can relate to & be adventurous with. Is there still hope?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe, but I'm not sure it will lie in your "first". Just realistically, most people don't marry their first -- I've known only a handful of people who married their high school sweethearts or something like that. And maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones winning the love lottery and ending up that way, but I think a more resilient mindset won't attach all the hopes and dreams of that happening, and instead realize that, for most mortals, you gotta sort of climb up the totem pole and go through at least a one or two bad relationships before you end up in a really great one (in my case it was a whole lot more than two).