What is your definition of a "date night?"

What does “ date night “ mean to you? Is it dinner and a movie? Lunch out? Going shopping without the kids? Riding the motorcycle?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Sometimes a date night refers to a regular day of the week you always meet. But also a date night usually means more than hang out casual and a nicer or different than meeting everyone at the same places. Maybe dinner and a movie. Dinner and romantic walk on beach or romantic overlook. I like after non beaches or boating and then dinner. Usually some private time comes at the end of the day. Play, good concert and other nice than hanging out. Just took my gal to see the Michael Buble and late dinner. That was a date date for us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just about any activity that you have planned ahead of time. If it's just the two of you, movies, bowling, dinner, croquet, pulling weeds, just plain cuddling with some take-out- any of these could be a date night.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• spending romantic time with another person. The activity isn't that important. How you feel and the amount of eye contact, maybe light (or not) pettting (ie kissing, holding hands, ) amount of laughter, these are the things that make a date. Either you are both enjoying the time in which case it is good or one or more is faking and that is not good. Living in the moment with another person allows for intimacy, connection, and desire.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters what you're doing with your SO. You could be going out dancing, going to see a movie, going out to dinner, having a picnic, going stargazing, building a blanket fort at home, whatever. What makes a date night a "date night", in my opinion, is that there is quality time spent free from distractions and there's good conversation happening, there's bonding. It's just about taking time for each other and being completely present.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• All of or any of those things. It's a his and her outing together.
    Don't make it complicated. It's a great exercise for long term couples to re-connect. Especially after bearing children, or if they've drifted apart, or not connecting in a way either would expect.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely not doing anything "without the kids" since I don't have any and don't want any. I guess it's going out to one of our more favored restaurants and then coming back to cuddle and relax over TV while sipping some drinks together. Maybe sex later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im assuming this is referencing a couple who have to set aside time brcause of busy lives and children.
    In that case any time alone with ond another is a date night. We always planned them but they usuakky fell through. When they actually happdned we were like" damn. What do we do? Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd say any night where you and your partner a lot to doing something special with each other. whether it's making dinner in and watching a moving, going out to eat, riding a motorcycle or whatever

0|0
    0|0
  • Dressed up nicely, going to a place with ambience we both like. Lots of time not caring about the fucking world. Leaving the place, getting naked, making the fucky-sucky. Going home. Those last three in any order.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be any of these, (except the lunch; night implies after sunset) but mostly it means a deliberate setting aside of cares and concerns outside the two of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just any time I get to spend with just my sweetheart.

1|0
    0|0
  • Movie, takeaway pizza and the expectation of sex but the realization that you are way to bloated due to said pizza

0|1
    0|0
  • Date night for me it would be romantic so as to make my better half feel special as I would love to dance with her on her fav song and want to go for a walk on beach side

0|0
    0|0
  • Date night is supposed to be at night. For me it's a nice dinner in a nice place folowed by nice chat/walk in the city and what come after depends on the date ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that you might do on a date if you were dating, and it needs to be at least enjoyable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Couples' dancing lessons, or maybe some red wine and a movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • See Constantionople burn while me and my dream lady get drunk on cheap ass wine bought from a trading caravan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how well I know them I don’t let people into my home unless I see them multiple times I would however love to have dinner and a show

0|0
    0|0
  • Motorcycle riding? Lol find me a girl that would ride along with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Going to the beach in scotland and then going for dinner and lots more

0|0
    0|0
  • having fun at night

1|0
    0|0
  • Riding the motorcycle

0|0
    0|0
  • A date during the night.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had a date tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• Going out just the 2 of you to be alone together.

It doesn't matter where you go as long as you get to talk and be with just each other, no kids, no friends, just the two of us

Sometimes it is a movie

A dinner at Arctic Circle with a bag of burgers and $1 drink from McDonald's

A fancy dinner at a sushi place

Being alone together is all That matters

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything can be a date depending on the execution in my opinion. My man and I smoke weed daily but weed can make a night a date night if he came home with dinner and edibles instead of just the regular ole weed. Going to McDonald's isn't a date but getting McDonald's and driving into the woods and sitting on the hood listening to music and talking is a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not the movies, I like a guy who is creative as in he asks me where I prefer to go for a date and come up with an idea. It doesn’t matter what it is but asking me to find a place or figure it out is a huge turn off. Being romantic is key.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the couple and the situation.

I usually class date night as a meal out, and/or more.

That said if we have a “casual night” it’s usually at home, with a film and a takeaway and the cat. Both are good but really depend on mood!

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever you want to do with your partner on that night, the important is that you're able to have a nice time together. It could be something casual like taking a walk on the park, dinner, or something more romantic and intimate.

0|0
    0|0
  • A date can be just about anything. My main criteria of what makes it a date is that it was acknowledged beforehand that it will be a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically any night where we've set time apart to be alone, just the two of us. It can be any activity really.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it would be going to the movies, going bowling, or going skating, then having dinner at a reasonably priced restaurant afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that's date worthy to you and your partner. It can be lunch or dinner or all day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spending time together without kids in a quiet place.

0|0
    0|0
  • First date? Getting to know each other with a good conversation and a nice meal with drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doing whatever a couple counts as a date activity in the evening.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will say date in sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything together.

0|0
    0|0
  • movie and dinner afterwards

0|0
    0|0
  • Pizza.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just two of you cell phones , no friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything fun tbh doesn’t have to be a simple movie theater or going out to eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to stay home but actually have something planned like a movie or something. We can go out, but I rather just chill and enjoy the person I’m trying to have a date night with

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes