Has your experience been positive or negative when online dating?

I would say there's a whole lot of bullshit to deal with but you it still gives you a better chance to meet people.Has your experience been positive or negative when online dating?
  • Positive
  • So-So
  • Negative
    Vote C

1728

Most Helpful Girls

• Mostly negative experiences if you are a woman. Only men tend to think of online dating as positive. Many guys you meet online are socially inept. Either they will send you dick pics right off the bat in hopes that you will reciprocate the favor or they will ghost you out of nowhere at the first sign that a relationship may be gaining traction. There are also the lurking psychos online who will snap at the slightest hint that you have lost interest in them. Some have been beyond difficult to shake off, and even when I directly state I want nothing more to do with a guy, he will continually try to win me over or will virtually stalk me all over social media (I don’t know if that is so I can see his level of commitment to me, or for me to realize that this guy should be committed to a mental facility). In my experience online dating is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

• It's negative all around. It's bad for men because only the top 85% get the women and bad for women because of the men who get a thrill out of sending dick pics. Women get all the attention on dating sites, good or bad. As a guy you're lucky to get a match every month unless you look like a hot celebrity.

• I didn't realize that, but I guess you’re right.

• Not good at all. I have tried online dating sites and just from chatting with people until i find someone clicks. Both no good.
    Online dating site-80% of them I would say are looking for hookups and probably 19% are there because they are not good looking (like below 4 out of 10), or awkward in real life, or too shy. Only probably 1% who are good guys just looking for love genuinely (but unfortunately I never met those)
    Ok, people you meet in chat rooms are trying to turn that into a relationship...99% people on there are looking for nude pics to jerk off, only 1% that can carry a decent chat. I have came across 3 that I liked from probably 100s I have talked to. But none of those ended well. You hit off well, they message you daily, until they started to message between 2-3 days and the gaps gets longer and longer, till you loose feelings for each other.
    Advice-DON'T do it, most likely not gonna work. Try a coffee shop or a random stranger is better than online.

Most Helpful Guys

• I actually haven't met someone on tinder yet.. But so far, its been negative for me. I've been ghosted in the middle of a conversation, and I've done that a few times myself.

Respect goes out the door with online dating, and you really don't have a good idea of how that person is despite glimpsing a profile blurb and looking at pictures.

• Just watch out for the bitches who will email guys but never actually meet up with them. They just want their egos stroked. Half of all responses are from females who just want to have fun online but will never meet up. Always ask em out right away for coffee. If they say want to exchange a few more emails, fuck em and search for others.

• You ask for their email?

• When I say "email" here, what I really mean to say is "electronically communicate" .. you don't need their email address for that.