Has your experience been positive or negative when online dating?

I would say there's a whole lot of bullshit to deal with but you it still gives you a better chance to meet people.Has your experience been positive or negative when online dating?
  • Positive
    Vote A
  • So-So
    Vote B
  • Negative
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Mostly negative experiences if you are a woman. Only men tend to think of online dating as positive. Many guys you meet online are socially inept. Either they will send you dick pics right off the bat in hopes that you will reciprocate the favor or they will ghost you out of nowhere at the first sign that a relationship may be gaining traction. There are also the lurking psychos online who will snap at the slightest hint that you have lost interest in them. Some have been beyond difficult to shake off, and even when I directly state I want nothing more to do with a guy, he will continually try to win me over or will virtually stalk me all over social media (I don’t know if that is so I can see his level of commitment to me, or for me to realize that this guy should be committed to a mental facility). In my experience online dating is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

0|0
    0|3
    • It's negative all around. It's bad for men because only the top 85% get the women and bad for women because of the men who get a thrill out of sending dick pics. Women get all the attention on dating sites, good or bad. As a guy you're lucky to get a match every month unless you look like a hot celebrity.

• I didn't realize that, but I guess you’re right.

• Not good at all. I have tried online dating sites and just from chatting with people until i find someone clicks. Both no good.
    Online dating site-80% of them I would say are looking for hookups and probably 19% are there because they are not good looking (like below 4 out of 10), or awkward in real life, or too shy. Only probably 1% who are good guys just looking for love genuinely (but unfortunately I never met those)
    Ok, people you meet in chat rooms are trying to turn that into a relationship...99% people on there are looking for nude pics to jerk off, only 1% that can carry a decent chat. I have came across 3 that I liked from probably 100s I have talked to. But none of those ended well. You hit off well, they message you daily, until they started to message between 2-3 days and the gaps gets longer and longer, till you loose feelings for each other.
    Advice-DON'T do it, most likely not gonna work. Try a coffee shop or a random stranger is better than online.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I actually haven't met someone on tinder yet.. But so far, its been negative for me. I've been ghosted in the middle of a conversation, and I've done that a few times myself.

Respect goes out the door with online dating, and you really don't have a good idea of how that person is despite glimpsing a profile blurb and looking at pictures.

0|2
    0|0
  • Just watch out for the bitches who will email guys but never actually meet up with them. They just want their egos stroked. Half of all responses are from females who just want to have fun online but will never meet up. Always ask em out right away for coffee. If they say want to exchange a few more emails, fuck em and search for others.

0|0
    0|0
    • You ask for their email?

• When I say "email" here, what I really mean to say is "electronically communicate" .. you don't need their email address for that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• So-So.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had a terrible first date or anything from it and most of the time, it's resulted in something kind of long term, whether it's friends, friends with benefits, or a f**k buddy. Most of them have also turned out to be total jerks. Never had a relationship from online dating though I almost dated a couple of the guys I've met. It depends what your intentions are and such, at least to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A mix of both. I had a guy taking me to a McDonald’s and eat 5 big Macs in half an hour and calling me babe after 5 minutes and asking what cup size I was. Then he had the guts to ask for a second date. I told him he should date his mother. I have had good experiences as well though. I met a wonderful guy two years ago and even though he isn’t my type, he was a real gentleman during the date. He is younger than me though and I’m attracted to older. So a mixed bag of experiences, really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never dated online.
    I’ve heard a lot of my friends and some of their family members date online and it’s worked out for them. So I wouldn’t not date online. Just depends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Free dating sites suck because of all the fake profiles and people who are not interested in dating, just in hooking up for sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Positive. Given there's lots of douchebags but I ended up meeting my current boyfriend though an online dating site.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never got a good impression with dating apps. I only tried Meetme & Bumble. They didn't have an opinion about learning disability. I met my current boyfriend of facebook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my boyfriend on an app. We're perfect for each other. I love him

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely negative but it was just one person so there’s no way to know if it’s negative or not as a whole

0|0
    0|0
  • I always say an old fashion way is better in person 100%

1|2
    0|0
  • N E G A T I V E.

0|0
    0|0
  • Negative. Online dating sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been online dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E A-S F-U-C-K

0|0
    0|0
    • constantly come across liars, fakes, fuckboys, creeps, catfishes, etc

id rather meet somebody in person

What Guys Said 26

• It's the best thing since SLICED BREAD. 15 million people are online dating. My guess if it's negative for you.. you are doing something wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • I said so-so but it could be better. My main problem is I'm not hot

• Show All
    • Well I dont have self esteem issues but I probably could use some better pics. I'm not very photogenic like some people.

• Everyone is photogenic if the photos are taken by a professional. Check out my site and see for yourself.

• Pretty much Negative- nobody ever wants to talk - makes me wonder if they are still married cheating or spammers seeking to cause trouble. Or you take time to write even on paid sites an most seem to delete an never answer. Might be site owners just scamming people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Although I’m with my current girlfriend for almost two years, that I met through online dating... I overall say my experience was so-so.

Lots and LOTS of rejection (as in no reply, or an outright rejection)... but I finally struck gold.

I *COMPLETELY* understand why some guys quit online dating. Not all have the persistent personality that I have to endure constant ghosting, rejection, and lack of replies that I did on OKCupid & Tinder.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of time and messaging has gotten me laid only a few times. When it comes the time to swap pics, more often than not, thats the time I end communication. Some I see that pic and think "absolutely not"

Also, I never send a dick pic unless its asked for. When they want a dic pic right away, usually its a guy posing as a female

0|0
    0|0
  • So far my experience has been so-so to bad. Especially, if it is a long distant relationship. Things get complicated if the person lives on a different continent. I'm still open to dating online. I'm just not one to rush anymore. If it happens it happens. If it don't, it don't. Totally not going to worry about it. It will only take years off my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Negative in terms of efficiency.
    Otherwise it's a mixed bag.

0|2
    0|0
  • Negative. People lie all the time l, are never who they say they are and are never what they make themselves look like.

I dont want a barbie doll or someone in an inch of powder or made of plastic, all I wanted was someone honest at the very least.

0|0
    0|0
  • i had positive experience. i had negative experiences
    ultimately my view is positive though as i did meet a few decent people and ultimately the woman that i married

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean me and my girlfriend found each other online and we have been together for over 3 months but I also had tinder for well over 3 months and never got a single like and I swiped right on most girls. I voted positive but I can see a lot of fuckboys on tinder to

0|0
    0|0
  • It was well and fine when it started. But later on it became terrible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its great for introductions and terrible for anything beyond that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Negative. Especially when you can go down the road and meet someone. It just seems like a waste of time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it gives you that instant access but at the cost of obviously high chances of bad matches

0|0
    0|0
  • Negative. Met 2 girls one of which was my ex who cheated on me. All the others just wanted to play games and waste my time

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell me about... cheap ass bitches expecting to find their gold mine.

0|2
    0|0
  • Extremely negative. I've been using them since 2012 and I've neve been on a single date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen similar questions so many times.

My experience has been mediocre to negative.

0|0
    0|0
  • You deal with bullshit no matter where you start dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • l would never do on line dating they have all been through each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Very negative

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never done it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty crap. Nobody has the balls to talk to me