Men, what is attractive about a woman other than her looks?

14

Most Helpful Guys

• Aside from physical traits it's mostly generic qualities to me that I find appealing in both sexes, like the sort of traits that make you want to hang out with them all the time as friends: being super fun to hang out with, having the same interests, being able to engage in really interesting conversations with each other, having admirable skills, that sort of thing.

I don't list exact traits so much because it's really about how we interact with each other and click -- "compatibility" as I see it.

• Apologies if that answer is a bit vague, but I'd have difficulty listing the precise traits that would make me really click and connect with anyone. I can say it's not nerds (including nerdy girls) in the most stereotypical sense. I work with those all the time in my industry and we do not get along very well. We generally lack a compatible sense of humor and I don't feel like they understand "ordinary people" and sometimes seem to look down upon them.

• I'm actually reluctant to list "intelligence" as a desirable quality as a result, because I wouldn't want so much of it if it comes at the risk of rendering a person into a lifelong bookworm who finds things like playing sports and drinking socially to be "barbaric". I'd likely get along better with a bimbo than such a bookworm type.

• Personality, intelligence, friendliness, generosity, kindness, caring are all really attractive.