What makes someone look desperate?

Also, would you date someone who seemed desperate in the past but now looks like a decent person? Or would you lose interest in someone if they'd look a bit desperate? How much is too much?
By "look" i mean what behaviour you'd consider desperate

617

Most Helpful Guys

• 1) Ignoring clear signals of disinterest in conversation (like glasses, pulled down hat, earphones on, pretending to read something).

2) Being shotgunned with a lot of unsolicited information regarding how they are doing that is also really vague. Saying things like "oh yeah I have a lot going for me right now!" or "So much on my plate! busy busy busy!"

3) Making sure to include the mention of a clearly non-existent boyfriend in every sentence while constantly downgrading the imaginary person's status as they droll on like "Oh yeah me boy friend and I.." to "This guy I've been seeing..." to "This guy friend I have..." to "This guy I sort of know." (Big tip here: Not actually naming the supposed boyfriend even once for several mentions on is a red flag).

4) Violating personal space to an unnecessary degree. Like sitting really close (to where they may as well be in my lap despite there being plenty of room to sit elsewhere). Constant fondling of clothing and touching of the arms hands and thighs. Moving their head to awkward positions to avoid loosing eye contact for even a moment.

As for how I regard them when I see them doing better... Good for them I guess? But honestly desperate is rarely just that. It's also usually at least a little crazy (in that unstable to psychotic way) as well. I don't need to be dipping stick in crazy. Even if it is crazy-hot. Don't need a meltdown waiting to happen at the first sign of life tossing some inconvenience in my life.

• Interesting. However, invading personal space it's a type of body language someone may unintentionally do when they like you. I agree with some of the things you said though.

• Ahh okay, thanks for clearing it up. I’ve never seen or heard of that before but I don’t doubt people doing this at all.

• @jessicake Oh sometimes they even do it with a real guy. I was talking to a girl out back of a restaurant (she worked there and was on break. I'd just finished my meal and was having a few puffs of pipe tobacco). And a guy walks out and puts his arm around her. And she was like "this is my husband." He says "what's up" lights smokes and has a few drags before someone calls him back inside. Then as we continue talking she says "he's really more of a boyfriend" (at which point I notice she has no ring). A minute or so later she calls him just a friend. Then a minute or so after that she looks over her shoulder and I see him in the kitchen watching us. She looks back at me and out of no where says "Actually, he just likes to watch. Is that ok?" XD

• The only real example that I can give you a girl being desperate. this one girl in high school had the hots for me likes me and she was over zealously trying to sell herself to me to convince me that she liked me and it can happen today she hasn't really changed and this conversation that she's never initiated with this one person she found everything negative wrong with him and thought he was trying to jump her bones and I told her what you wanted to hear but truthfully inside I believed that it was her deep-seated in a row she's an attraction to me trying to find everything wrong with one person just to deflect her own personal problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• Coming on too strong as in wanting to hear from me too much or moving way too fast. Don’t get me wrong I need constant communication and not leaving me on seen for hours without letting me know what’s up.

The thing is, desperate doesn’t have a look it’s an action. Someone isn’t considered desperate because their staring at you, wanting to approach you. It’s desperate when you set the boundaries and the person still goes beyond them just so you can move on their pace.